Chapter 2: The Gang's Input

2293 words, 11 minutes

"Amy!" cried Sonic.

He had already looked around the village, but he spotted no trace of her in the process. He'd left for the forest after he and the gang destroyed every single one of Eggman's robots that remained and saved the villagers. Speeding really fast towards the forest, he called Amy's name repetitively, and at the same time, hoping that he'd hear her voice respond back.

How the heck did she separate from us so fast?  he wondered. She was with them from the start, fighting. Screaming with triumph every time she shattered the many robots that were present at the scene with her hammer.

So how?

Sonic stopped in a plain, grassy spot and called Amy, louder this time. "AMY!"

He observed each spot in the area he was in actively, trying to spot some pink somewhere, anywhere, when a turn of his head to the right showed him Amy's unconscious body.

As well as... is that blood?!  he questioned mentally.

He dashed to Amy instantly and knelt down by her side, his leafy irises scanning her poor state with concern.

No, concern was too mild. Something more like... worry.

Yes, that's the word. Worry.

Panic became his aura as his eyes fell upon her seared upper arm since that was the most striking image that entered his vision. What happened to her?  he wondered. How did she end up so far away to the point she winded up in the forest? It doesn't make sense. And where's Egghead...?  He quickly looked up and saw no one.

It was just him and Amy, alone, in the forest.

His friend.

Your crush.

Sweatdrops were formed at those 2 words. Shut it, you idiot, he snapped at his brain. Hehe. It's incredibly entertaining to see you like this. Don't you think she likes this side of you?  At that, he diverted his attention at Amy again. Defenseless, out like a light, bleeding...

Hurt.

And she didn't know it.

I should get her back. Sonic proceeded to pick her up bridal style, his left hand under her knees and his right under her mid-back, but he stopped.

What if she wakes up and I'm rubbing her wound? She wouldn't like that... He went to the other side and placed her limp right arm over her chest. Once that was done, he placed his right hand instead of his left under her knees, and his left hand instead of his right under her mid-back.