*4 | r e g r e t*

"DONT DO THIS! YOU ALREADY SOLD YOUR CHILDREN'S BELONGINGS. WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED? JOIN THE MAFIA?" 

I heard my parents arguing again. 

I hated it more than anything. 

My father opened my bedroom door and grabbed my hair, pulling it harshly. 

"appa-" 

He slapped me. 

I felt a sting in my cheek. 

I was speechless. 

"give me all your money you've saved up. Don't even try to say no to me" 

I hesitated but grabbed my wallet of savings and gave it to him. 

This is not the dad I knew since I was a little girl. 

He loved me deeply. 

But now, 

He's heartless. 

"appa what are you doing?" 

I glanced at Jake standing by the door and started to cry. 

My father slapped me again and let go of me. 

"look at you, pathetic whore" he hissed and left my room. 

My breathing started to become uneven again. 

"Yeon-a, Yeon-a calm down. Breathe in and out slowly."

I started to follow Jake and soon I felt better.

But I was still crying too much. 

"Yeon-a it's ok. I'm here for you." I flung my arms around his stomach and hugged him tightly 

I know how much it hurts but I'm here for you Yeon-a. Don't worry"

"J-jake-" 

"it's alright. Calm down." he caressed my hair gently which made me feel safer. 

"jake. I need to go" I looked into his eyes and he smiled and nodded. 

I rushed into the bathroom and locked the door. 

I burst out crying again.

I grabbed the blade that was hiding in the cabinet

Hesitantly, I pressed it against my skin and slowly grazed it. Cutting it as blood started to come out. 

I felt better. 

Calm down Yeon-a. A few more cuts and you'll be fine. 

I started cutting my skin even more until the point where I stopped crying and shaking so much. 

I stared at my arm, looking at how deep some cuts were and how much blood was seeping out of them. 

I took a deep breath and started cleaning each scar. 

After cleaning up, I rolled down my sleeve to cover up each scar that was bandaged. 

[a/n: don't ask if I wrote this out of experience. Sadly, I have but I'm doing well and I'm currently proud of myself ^-^]

"what took you so long Yeon-a? Are you alright?" I nodded in response and sat on the edge of my bed. 

"YOU CAN'T LEAVE. WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS? WHO WILL BE WITH THEM ALONG WITH ME?"