*9 | c o i n c i d e n c e *

I was with my parents heading to Jakes house. It was his birthday and he invited me over.

I was pretty close to him and his sister, Shim Yeon-a

We would always play games, mainly hide and seek, or eat tons of candy but today was special because there was a cake.

"Jungwon, I'll pick you up at six ok?" I nodded at my mum and gave her a small peck on her cheek.

The door opened to reveal Jake's mum along with Jake himself.

I gave him his present with a big smile on his face and said happy birthday to him.

"Come we're going to play some games!" I nodded at Jake and ran inside the house.

I saw a girl who looked like the same age at me sitting on the couch.

It was Yeon-a my best friend as well as Jake

She looked at me and waved.

"Jungwon you came!" she squealed and ran up to me smiling at me.

She hugged me and smiled again.

"Did you bring a present for my brother?" I nodded and smiled.

"I brought a present for you too Yeon-a!" I took a bracelet out of my pocket and handed it to her.

She giggled and put the bracelet on before hugging me again.

"Thank you Jungwon. I love it"

"Now let's go, my brother and my friends are going to play musical statues." she grabbed my hand and dragged me along to where everyone else was.

After playing some games we all decided to play hide and seek.

My favourite.

"Jungwon we can go upstairs I know the best place to hide." I nodded at Jake and we both ran upstairs.

"I need to find the best room so stay here ok?" I glanced at Jake and nodded before he left me all alone.

I heard some muffled voices from a room.

I was curious so I approached it only to hear muffled shouting.

My eyes widen to hear Yeon-a screaming.

'She's getting hurt.' I thought to myself

"Appa it hurts. Don't hit me!"

"You need to understand why you're being a bad girl!"

"but it hurts!" she screamed even louder.

I was shaking in fear and ran into Jake's bedroom.

"Found you!" Areum yelled and pointed at me.

"You have to help me to find the others now!" I nodded and tried not to think about what I just heard.

It was time to blow the cake so Jake and all his friends huddled around it.

I noticed that Yeon-a wasn't wearing the bracelet. 

I frowned but sang happy birthday along with the others.

"Yay! Happy birthday Jake!"

Whilst Jake's mum was cutting the cake I went to Yeon-a and took her hand pointing at her wrist.

"Why'd you take it off?" her eyes softened when they met mine and frowned.

"Yeon-a I spent a hard time making that!" I started getting angry. I did spend a hard time and now it's gone to waste.