10 Blue Fingers 10

You demon crawled over to the well in the ground, On all fours like a spider and picking up speed rappidly. You weren't stupid, you knew once you begin running Wyborn would follow suit. You could only see 2 outcomes

One where Wyborn would follow you, come to his senses, and push you in.  Or another where he keeps up with the caring charade and watch as you fall into darkness.

It was weird to think that he was pretending to care. Like how doctors pretend to care about your health to force you into doing medicine. That type of thing has happened too many times so it just doesn't work on you anymore.

Still, you gripped onto the dirt, crawling until you felt the edge of the well on your fingertips. You hook your hand over the edge making sure your grip was tight. Finally, you dangled your upper half off of the edge before hitting your torso against the walls of the well. There was a rush, a smile across your face, a real one. Wind and Fallen soil landed on you sprinkling all over your clothes. You felt the ground under your palms crumble, roots of plants webbed between the earth.

You were slipping

You didn't want to fall unless Wyborn was pushing you in. Your body jerked forward before feeling a grip on your ankles drag you along the muddy walls of the well. Looking back to see Wyborn pulling you up by your legs, dragging you away. 

You were dragged on your stomach practically eating dirt. You kicked him where you assumed to be his shoulder. This backfired on you because as he jolted back due to your strike, his grip on you never failed, causing you to also jerk back.

Your fingers clung to the ground desperately making lines in the mud. The feeling of dirt and small rocks climbing under your fingernails made you claw the ground harder as you watched your chance slip away. Wyborn spoke in a tired voice, he was actually stronger than you would expect.

"I DON'T HATE YOU!"

"THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM,"

You stopped your whole body going limp, almost shutting down all while you buried your face in your hands.

"I don't want to go home Wyborn."

You seemed calmer but were in more distress. The boy wasn't going to let you go until the lid lies back on top of the well, so he continued to drag you along like some broken baby doll. It just didn't feel safe right now to let you go.

Mentally you are drained, not wanting to actively open up about anything. There was a sensation around your ankles as you felt Wybie's grip loosen.

Not long after you lifted your head, you saw the well door was shut.

He missed his chance- you missed your chance- and who knows when you'll get it again. You rolled over on your back, spitting the dirt particles from your mouth.
"I'm hungry"

"W-wait But why don't you want to go home, why do you want me to kill you?"

He dropped the stick seeing you walk away just for him to begin following you. Almost ignoring him, you dusted off the mud from your clothes only to make a bigger stain. You checked your hands seeing scratches and small bruises from your struggle.

"Manic"

"Huh?"

"I'm diagnosed with a lot of things. Manic episodes, delusions, paranoia, a general lack of empathy, mood swings, inability to defer reality and fantasy "

You picked up a rock rubbing it over your worn fingertips to make them raw.

"sleep paralysis, sleep tremors. I'm guessing the doctors didn't know what was causing all these symptoms so I'm just getting treated for a bunch of things since it's just,"

You swapped hands.

"SOOO HARD for them to figure out. BPD, schizophrenia, ADHD, Autism, Anxiety. All took their bets and none have succeeded?"

There was silence like a phone cut out from one line. The fact that you went out of your way to say these things disgusted you. It felt like you were conforming to models you never wanted to exist. The same models that those self-proclaimed doctors claimed they knew about.

It was funny.

If you could feel more joy than in the moment before, you'd find it funny.

The fact that these people with a degree didn't know what they were doing, most likely contributed to your descent to Madness.

"But whatever it is causing me to think 'rash' decisions are okay, at least that's what the textbooks say."

"Is that what you meant?"

You dropped the rock to turn around scratching your head with your bruised, raw stubs. Finally seeing you do these things to yourself, Wybie ran over to catch up. He stood next to you pulling your hand from off your head to hold. Your sensitive fingers trailed the edge of his gloves as you look from his hand to his face before hearing Wybie continue

"By how your actions aren't your own"

"You were ... listening?"

"Yeah? Why wouldn't I, you were talking to me? I wouldn't just ignore you."

It wasn't some trick? He was being genuinely nice to you. Heat crept up your face and your hair stood on end feeling a shiver climb from your spine.

Genuinely

"You were listening to me?"

He looked a little shocked and you felt his hand retract a bit. This single second made you feel like your epiphany was worthless. But as soon as the thought came it was taken back. Wybie slid his hand from yours to your shoulder embracing you.
Cold water flowed from your face and you felt another thing that day. Your hand hovered in the air, not knowing what to do now that he was no longer holding it, now that he decided to hold you. He laughed and it reverberated through you.  It wasn't one of mockery, you honestly didn't know why he laughed so softly, maybe he didn't want you to hear it. 

Your arm stood solely at your sides before gripping harshly onto his back as you sobbed onto your genuine friend.