16 Redacted Bliss 16

"There you are! I found you. Ya know you really shouldn't take things from strangers,"

"...you could get hurt."

"And we love you too much to let that happen"

"I love you too much."
"..."
"Maybe I'm sick,"

"Just like you right..."

◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷

It was dead silent.
Something was pressing on your stomach, gently reminding you of the medicine that had yet to pass through your body.

You didn't want to open your eyes because as soon as you did you know the countdown would start. As soon as you open your eyes you were expected to wake up and be in your bedroom.

It didn't matter anymore, you just wanted to sleep forever.

You opened your eyes taking in every bit of light slowly with your retinas before the mind-numbing colors decided to show up.

You were definitely dreaming, yet even in sleep, you were looking at yourself through a third-party lens. The best way to describe it, is that your mind died and left your body behind. Almost like you were your own guardian angel.

You made a breathy sound as whatever was putting pressure on your stomach moved.

Very clearly you could feel your mind stare over your body seeing both yourself and the cat laying on top of you.
Looking around proved that you were laying in Coraline's yard.

If it wasn't for the fact everything looked like it was on LSD; you would have guessed you passed out, never making it past the damn gate, but because the world was saturated as hell you could deter that you were just asleep.

You stood up, waking the black cat that lay on your stomach. You took both your arms pushing the little thing off; feeling it claw at your clothes to keep a good grip.

He seemed pissed off,
"And what do you think you're doing!?"

"Trying to take advantage of these nice dreams while I can."

"And you expect to have the willpower to come back after you've done that."

"I am willing to stay... So cut with the ominous crap."

There was a pause, a long one before he changed the subject. His demeanor changed into more of a strict less cynical one, the sound of a father clearly pretending to care.

"You seem uneasy."

"I am so close to making myself vomit."

"Why would you do that?"

"You're in my dream so you tell me."

"Difficult... So you're just going to stay here and pretend that things are better."

It was back and forth, very childish on both your parts but somehow that last sentence stuck with you. Sure your dreams seemed nice on the outside but you couldn't just sleep on command. Staying here was going to cause problems one way or another.

You did want to stay but Coraline and Wybie might question your absence.
You didn't consider this when downing the tea to the very bottom but now is as good of a time as any.

Dream Coraline was nice enough but it wasn't real. Every time you were out in the real world you wanted to jump down the well, twist your neck, and start choking from water and asphyxiation.