CHAPTER 14

I pull my whip up and give it a good thrust out towards the first line of Mogadorians. It extends twice its size and gashes the first few Mogs. Their robes catch fire and they drop their guns in horror. I tie my whip to my belt and grab two the cannons with my mind. I let loose a tonne of gunfire and most are reduced to ash in a matter of minutes. A few try to retreat but I use my whip again and grab one by the foot. I yank him towards me. He doesn't writhe or fight in any way, I assume that all Mogs are made to show no fear even if they are captured.

He's not as big as other Mogs, something tells me he's not exactly the solider I'm used to fighting. He's not built up and seems intelligent enough to understand me.

"Where are the prisoners kept?" I scream at him over the alarms and chaos.

He says nothing and smiles at me. I press the cannon nozzle into his forehead and repeat the question.

"Where are the prisoners kept?!"

He laughs at me and spits blood at me. I'm really losing it right now.

"One last chance" I warn him. and press even harder.

"You'll kill me anyway," he smirks. "Just like we did to your people... hunted down like rats and destroyed at the hands of our own gunfire. I was there. Saw many go down so easily and so will this planet. The Great One has said we will succeed. It has been foreseen by him and we will be victorious. Your efforts are pathetic and meek ."

I'm at the point where I'm ready to break his skull, putting a lot of pressure on the nozzle. The Mog winces, probably unable to comprehend how powerful I am right now and how my anger is making it worse for him.

"How can you be so sure?" I say, deciding to get a little bit of information out of him by playing his taunting game.

"He has foreseen it and once the Great Expansion is done, he will pass it to a Loric heir. One of you weaklings will be spared as he knows that amongst you is the heir to the Cause"

"What..are you talking about?" I say in disbelief.

"One of your own has already given in and is working against you. I've met him, he is powerful and smart enough to know whose side to be on. He will be your greatest enemy"

"Who is it?!" I ask in a panic. "Is it Number Nine? Six?"

He just smiles and begins to laugh, a bit more blood spewing from his mouth.

My visions were right. Setrakus Ra had shown me but I thought they were nightmares. He was just trying to scare but it is all true. Was he warning me? And the heir...is that the one... oh god...not the boy, the boy I...An explosion rocks me back to reality. The Mog makes not attempt to escape from under my foot. It's like he knows his end is near, which is correct. He's not walking away from this.

I try to think of something to ask him but I can't think straight. The alarms and explosions are too much for me. I convince myself that this is all I'll get out of him. I pull the trigger.

I leave the corpse and run to the person I saved. He's breathing and the occasional twitch tells me he's having some sort of fit. Nevertheless, I'm going to get him out of here. No one deserves to die at the hands of those monsters, and the Mogadorians too.

I boost the man on my shoulders and start dragging him down the hall. I keep searching with the tiara, trying to find Blake but this guy's twitching is wrecking my concentration and my ability to get somewhere fast. I listen to everyone's thoughts but it's too much chaos. The thoughts are overwhelming and I can't focus. I'm used to the flow of thoughts but this many people is hard.

I dump the body on the floor and I decide to try and concentrate. I plug my ears to drown out the sounds and try to take the thoughts one at a time.