Part 1

So I'm stupid and realized that I never posted part 1 of this fanfic so I'm just gonna do it right now hehe. Hope you guys are enjoying what was supposed to be part 2 of fanfic, part 3 is coming soon!!

It was around midnight in the city of Wellston. A cool, night breeze blew through the night and gently swayed the branches of trees, the trees looking as though they were dancing under the stars. It was past curfew at Wellston Private High School and all students were in their dorms, most likely sleeping since there was school the next day.

All but a certain ravenette.

John loved the nighttime. He loved feeling the night wind ruffle his hair, the different scents the breeze carried with it, the night sounds, and he especially loved the stars.

All these things soothed the young male when he was stressed, couldn't sleep, or just depressed in general. He felt these things everyday and every night. The stress of being king in a school where everyone seemed against him was slowly suffocating him, and eating even further away at his already poor mental health.

It didn't help that he had another big secret up his sleeve that he'd hidden from everyone, even his dad.

The students of Wellston thought that they had exposed everything about John, but they couldn't have been more wrong.

The secret that John had been keeping to himself was one that didn't make him human.

Literally.

John sat up from his lying position on the Wellston school rooftop, his ears perked for any interesting sounds, his thick, silky black tail swaying softly from side to side.

How did he get up there at the hour it was?

Simple. He jumped as high as he could and scaled the wall with ease the rest of the way.

John stood up from his now seated position and walked over to the silver chain-linked fence that surrounded the roof. He sighed as he laced his fingers through the chain and stared up at the nearly full moon, his wolf side practically screaming at him to throw his head back and howl, and maybe even see if other wolves would join in on his song. However, he resisted the strange urge that he had familiarized himself with and instead turned his golden eyes to look at the ground below him.

It wasn't like he hadn't given in to the urge before and let loose with his feral side. Especially when other wolves had started the song. They were basically just asking for him to join in at that point.

The ravenette chuckled softly to himself as he closed his eyes and once again thought about his wolf side, the only big secret he himself knew about.

John was a werewolf.

He didn't even know why.

He knew for a fact that he wasn't always this way. He knew that he was once a normal human like everyone else. If he had to guess, this whole werewolf thing started around two years ago. It could be explained as this side was always there and just showed up all of a sudden, but he knew it wasn't, and yet no matter how much he tried to remember how he became this way, all he got was a single very hazy memory that gave him nothing.

The young male exhaled deeply as he removed his fingers from the fence and flopped down in front of it with his back pressed to it.

He kept his eyes closed as he flattened ears against the growing breeze and wrapped his tail around his waist.

It wasn't super hard for him to blend in with the other normal students. He was able to hide his wolf features and make them appear at will, and he had complete control over his feral form. He could shift in and out of his wolf form as he pleased, except on full moons.

He remembered when he first was fully aware of his feral side. It was a full moon shortly after he had come back from his torture lessons with the authorities, and he had shifted into his wolf form without his knowledge. The next thing he knew, he had opened his tired golden eyes to be met with large black paws splayed out in front of him instead of his human arms and hands. He rolled off his bed in surprise with a loud thud and shot to his feet, or paws for that matter. He took note quickly that he was standing on all fours and was a lot taller than his bed than he remembered. Sure enough, when he lowered his head and caught a glimpse of himself in his mirror, he yelped loudly in surprise and accidentally slammed into his desk as he was met with a large black wolf as his reflection.

"John, are you alright?" He remembered his father's worried tone from the other side of the door. The younger ravenette had stayed completely silent, not sure what to do.

"OK well if you need me, you know I'm here for you, son." William sighed as he had just decided to leave his son alone. Perhaps he was just hearing things.

John sighed for the thousandth time that night as his thoughts returned to the present. He had worked hard to make sure he wouldn't shift when his emotions went out of control, or his ears and tail wouldn't appear on his human form either. His canines had sharpened into fangs every once in a while, though, but no one had seemed to ever notice.

The black-haired male pinched the bridge of his nose as an oncoming headache as the result from lack of sleep started to make itself present.

John hated sleep.

The only thing that waited for him in the sleeping world was nightmares that would always lead to him waking up to his own screaming, sweating, and rapidly beating heartbeat as he would work himself into a panic attack over his corrupted dreams.

'Huh. It's dawn already.' John thought as he stood up to stretch his limbs and hide his wolf features. He hadn't realized he had been lost in thought all night.

'Guess I should just go back to my dorm and get ready for another day in hell.' He inhaled deeply, taking a whiff of the crisp morning air and the fresh scents of morning dew it brought with it before leaping off the roof and using his claws on his hands to slide down the wall to prevent him from high-fiving the cement with his face.

Although he probably wouldn't have minded that anyway.