Part 3

Seraphina sat cross-legged on a soft blue bean bag inside the Safe House. She had a book open that she would usually be interested in, but she couldn't focus on its contents as much as she would've liked. Her thoughts were like a raging hurricane, mainly shifting between two topics at once.

The first one, was the strange note she had found slipped into her textbook asking her to make some sort of deal with someone on Friday. It was currently Wednesday and the young female was filled with nervous excitement. The nervousness obviously being because she had no idea exactly what would happen in that meeting or how it would go down, and the excitement because the stranger's part of the deal was most likely to return her ability. God she missed her ability.

Being a low-tier for the time she was, though, really opened her eyes on just really how flawed their hierarchy system was. It also helped her understand a bit more on where John was coming from.

John.

He was the second main thing disturbing her thoughts and keeping her from fully enjoying her book. The way he had acted yesterday was just so weird. Why was he acting like every small click of a mechanical pencil, or every flip of a page of a textbook was out to get him. Thinking back, Seraphina had noticed that that wasn't the first time he had acted that way. The ravenette, although not often, had shown similar behaviors before, but she had just passed it off as he was on high alert because of the fact that he was a low-tier.

But his secret was now out, and the whole school knew by now that he was a high-tier. In fact, they all avoided him like the plague.

So what did he still have to be so jumpy and on high alert about?

'Ugh! John, you make no sense!' Seraphina frustratingly gripped the sides of her head, her book tossed to the side now completely forgotten.

"Uh, Seraphina? Are you ok?" The magenta-haired girl was dragged out of her thoughts by a familiar male voice.

She released her grip on her head and turned to look up at the red head who was staring down at her, concern flashing through his yellow eyes.

"Oh. I'm fine, Blyke. There's just been a lot on my mind recently. She sighed while picking up her discarded book and running her fingers over the smooth leather cover.

"Are you sure?" He asked after watching her run her hand over the book for a few seconds.

"Yea." She sighed again as she closed her eyes and leaned further back into the soft beanbag.

Blyke just continued looking at her for a few seconds more before just shrugging in response, not wanting to bother her anymore, and started to turn back around before he stopped.

"Hey, Seraphina."

"Hm?" The girl cracked an eye open to look at the red-haired teen who was looking at her over his shoulder.

"If you're still thinking about that a*shole then don't. He clearly doesn't spend any of his days thinking about you, so you shouldn't waste your time and energy thinking about him. He's not worth it." Blyke practically growled through gritted teeth as he clenched his fists together before turning completely back around and stalking off to continue monitoring the Safe House.

Both of Seraphina's eyes were now open as she watched him walk away towards a group of four students that were seemingly playing a board game on the opposite side of the classroom.

She bit her bottom lip as his words rang through her head and bounced around her brain like a gymnastics routine.

"He's not worth it." That single sentence continued to echo throughout her mind. For some reason it offended her. It was as though Blyke had said that she herself wasn't worth it.