Part 4

It was time.

Time to get this over with. 

Time to finally do this and forget about it all after.

John had miraculously found his way back to the town he had been in just last night, which he now knew as a low-tier district named Oceanside. Why the heck it was named that, he didn't know. In fact, he thought it was stupid. There wasn't an ocean in sight.

Deciding to quit grumbling to himself about the town's ridiculous name, he turned his attention back to the streets below him. He would occasionally sniff the air for anything off, most likely the irony smell of blood, and his ears were swiveling in all different directions as he tried to pick up any sounds of trouble.

John had thought long and hard about how he was going to do this.

Why?

He still honest to God couldn't figure out why he cared so much about this. It's not like he was going out again after this, but he had thought up a plan anyways.

The young werewolf was dressed in a basic black hoodie with some black jeans that he especially favored as they allowed for easy movement. Sometimes, while he had been playing cripple at school, he liked to wear these black jeans instead of the school uniform pants. There wasn't really a noticeable difference, but he liked them better because he found them easier to move and fight in. He had cut holes into the top of his hoodie for his wolf ears to go through and he was wearing a black mask that covered half his face, as well.

Yes John loved the color black. It helped him blend in, especially now during the night when he needed to.

The outfit, however, wasn't the only thing the young male had thought of.

He had also thought of his ability.

The ravenette decided that, for the most part, he wouldn't use Aura Manipulation while fighting. He had decided that he would solely use his werewolf abilities for this. Of course he wouldn't completely forget about his actual ability. He would still use it to copy abilities that weren't that noticeable like forms of super strength, or speed, but he was going to try and rely on his wolf side for the most part. It was the safest option, because if he were to somehow be caught on camera and projected all over the news, no one would know it was him. If he used his Aura Manipulation and he was caught, well he'd be in a lot of trouble as it wouldn't be everyday a person with "multiple abilities" was mentioned, and as a superhero nonetheless.

'Superhero?!' John internally exclaimed in shock towards himself. 'Where did that come from, that's not at all what's happening here!' The young male flattened his ears and squeezed his eyes shut as he rubbed his temples, trying to get rid of the unwanted thoughts.

But were they really unwanted?

Yes! Why would he think anything else about it?

John was so lost in his thoughts that, even with his heightened hearing, he didn't hear the metal creak of the rooftop door being opened from behind him.

The teen was about to let out a loud groan in frustration, but quickly stopped as an aura made itself present within his sensory range.

'Crap there's someone behind me! How did I not hear them?!' John thought, gritting his teeth under his mask, and tensing his muscles subtly in preparation of a fight he knew was going to happen. He had to continue making it look like he hadn't noticed them.

John narrowed his eyes, pupils narrowed to slits and heart pounding against his chest in anticipation as the stranger quietly crept closer and closer, until they were nearly right behind him.