Part 5

The sun had just barely started rising as John had made his way into the main school building, and was now walking through the empty halls. It was five in the morning, and he stopped for a bit by the windows to his left side to admire the beautiful mixture of pinks, reds, yellows, and oranges the sky was as the bright sun continued rising in the sky.

The ravenette didn't stay for long, however. He had to get to the infirmary and get his injuries healed before anyone noticed. There were always those few try-hard kids that came ridiculously early to school, and he didn't feel like dealing with them.

John continued to make his way through the halls as fast as he could, but his broken ribs were proving to make the whole process quite difficult. He probably would've been alright, but all the running and fighting he did last night just further aggravated his injuries, and he winced as every breath in he took felt like someone was stabbing him in the chest with a knife.

Trying to ease the pain just a little bit, John edged closer to the purple lockers on his right side, and leaned sideways against them, taking a short rest. The young male closed his eyes as he leaned his head against the lockers, and yawned while rubbing his eyes sleepily. He was once again up all night due to both of the facts that he still refused to sleep, and the fact he was out fighting in that low-tier district till three in the morning.

'God, what am I doing with my life?' John thought to himself as his mind slowly started to swirl downwards into a chain of negative thoughts. Most times he would find himself succumbing to these thoughts, for he no longer really had the mental strength to push them away. He used to have Sera by his side to numb his pain and help him forget everything in general, but she was gone now and everything hurt so much worse than it had before.

His feelings didn't matter, though. Everyone would always see him as the bad guy, and that would never change. So why should he act any different than how he was now? There was no point.

He would never be accepted.

Suddenly, John's golden eyes flew open as the presence of an aura entered his sensory field.

'Crap!' He immediately whipped around, ignoring his injuries protesting at the action, and scanned the hallway behind him. However, he was met with nothing.
'Huh? That doesn't make any-'

The boy's thoughts were cut off as he remembered back to that night he was walking home with Sera from the mall. He had sensed an aura then as well and it took him awhile for him to finally realize that the person following them was invisible.

John's eyes widened, his expression morphing into one of realization and anger as he realized that he was being tailed again by someone with an invisibility ability.

"Hey! What gives you the right to follow me?!" He screamed out down the hall in rage without thinking. This person was most likely involved with the group that took away Sera's powers and made her life a living hell. Why were they following him now? How did they know he was coming here?

John didn't have time to gather his thoughts as the squeak of shoes sounded on the hard floor, indicating someone had spun around hastily, and footsteps were heard running in the opposite direction. He thought about running after them, but he was in no shape to do so with his ribs, so he couldn't do much except listen to the footsteps fading down the hall until whoever's ability aura it was left his sensory range.

John sighed as he turned back around, spotting the infirmary sign from where he was standing. This was going to be a long day.

Darren thought the same thing, as his morning coffee was interrupted by the familiar click of the white infirmary door opening. At first the dark blue-haired male thought it was Keene coming back, who had left to go get another apple from the teacher's lounge, but boy oh boy was he wrong as a familiar head of raven hair stepped through the door.