23

Practical exam ~Claire vs Rei~
“Ohoho! I shall be the direct reason of your dismissal”

Claire-sama boldly laughed.

“That won’t happen, but let’s play a lot”

I responded with a friendly grin.

“Play, is it? Lowly commoner, do not think you will defeat me easily”
“Fufu, please do your best”

Like that Claire-sama was easily stirred up.
Yup, she’s cute.

“Are both of you ready?”
“I am”
“Yes”
“Then, the final match… begin!”

Despite the signal, neither Claire-sama nor I moved.
Both of us are awaiting other’s move.
Although Claire-sama likes to take initiative in everyday activities, in combat she’s fairly composed.
I’m not going first as I only want to play with Claire-sama for as long as possible.

“Are you not coming?”
“Claire-sama too”
“I am the one who can afford being calm”
“Is that so”

Silence fell.

“You, will you truly not come? Like that, it will not even be a match”
“Yeah, I’m happy just looking at Claire-sama”
“Are you teasing me!?”

Claire-sama stamped her feet in anger.

“But well, if you’re like this, I”

It can’t be helped.
I held out my hand towards Claire-sama.

“Shut”

Along with my voice, Claire-sama’s figure vanished inside a boulder that suddenly appeared.
With such an application of earth attribute wall, Claire-sama got imprisoned.

But, the boulder was soon destroyed from inside.

“Hmph, such a thing”

Claire-sama came out brushing off dust.
The boulder was melted.
That’s Claire-sama’s fire attribute magic.

Even if it’s said that earth attribute is weak against fire attribute, the melting point of rock ranges from at lowest from 700 to 800 degrees to at highest as much as 1200 degrees.
Although flame temperature normally exceeds 1400 degrees, it’s next to impossible to melt rock without continuously heating it up.
Claire-sama’s firepower that makes it easy, can be called high without a doubt.

“Then, I’ll pester you again”

I made many tiny stone arrows and directed them at Claire-sama.

“It is useless”

All stone arrows were blocked by the flame wall extended by Claire-sama.
By nature, the defensive capability of a flame wall that’s not a solid object isn’t high.
To extend a wall hot enough to melt stone arrows in an instant despite this, as expected of Claire-sama.

Claire-sama’s combat style is the standard magician style – it’s commonly known as Crimson Queen.
It’s a combat style based on freely ruling flames, it’s a versatile style that doesn’t specialize in offense or defense.

“This time I shall make the move”

Claire-sama suddenly raised her hand.
There appeared a huge lance she showed in the fight against the water slime.
It’s shaped like a lance mounted knights used during Middle Ages back on Earth.

“For us nobles. Even magic is art”
“As expected of Claire-sama! Taste aside, the manipulation ability is at a high level!”
“Keep silent!?”

Cough, Claire-sama cleared her throat.

“Disappear!”

With a rather unsettled scream, she let the lance loose.
I responded by making a wall with earth magic.