35

Ae-jun's pov

"Suicide.. who would've thought." I mumbled as I fixed Seungbae's tie as he would be attending Chief Kwak's funeral.

I looked up at Seungbae who wasn't looking the best at the moment. He had stop eating much once again and he was skinny almost to the bone which I hated to see him treating himself like this.

"When you get back home today, would you like to help me cook dinner?" I smiled at him as I released his tie, taking a small step back. "Thank you.." he mumbled. "It's okay.." I took his hand in mines and kissed the back of it.

"You're strong. Stay strong, for me." I whispered, releasing his hand.

"I'll see you later.." he said, walking away.

While he was out, I on the other hand was meeting up with Nari. We haven't seen each other in such a long time and I decided it would be nice to speak with someone other than the three guys in my life.

-

"Your life has been so crazy, Ae-jun! It's like it's own series going on. It's so.. romantic and violent at the same time like you'll never get a break." Nari said as we were sitting together in a cafe in the mall.

"Things are just getting difficult.. like something's going to happen and I don't know what..but I don't want to be apart of it." I sat back into my chair, letting out a sigh.

"If anything bad goes wrong, you always have me." Nari said, standing up. "Thanks but I don't want to put so much stress on you or anyone else.." I said, also rising from my seat.

"Nonsense. Come on, I saw this nice dress and I'm going to buy it for you." She grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the cafe store and into a very expensive store that sold party and formal dresses. "Holy crap the prices on these dresses.." I said.

"Shut up, Ae-jun don't you dare think about the prices. Today I will make you feel like a princess." Nari held out a dress towards me and I smiled at her. "I don't know what I'd do without you." I giggled, taking the dress from her grip.

Suddenly someone bumped into me and I looked at the person, my eyes widened in shock to see that it was that girl from before who spoke with Bum in the grocery store. Mi Kyong.

"You look oddly familiar." She said. I nervously shook my head. "Sorry I don't know who you are." I said, staring right at her.

"You're that girl who was with Bum that day. What's your relation with him?" She asked.

I looked at Nari then back to Mi Kyong. "Just friends." I said and she smiled.

"Good! Bum's adorable and I want him, so don't get in my way." She said, moving a strand of hair behind my ear. My body stiffened.

"I'm not the one you should be worried about.." I mumbled. "What?"

I smacked her hand away from my face and glared at her. "There's a bigger obstacle than me, don't touch me like you know me." I pushed passed her and walked out of the store, Nari following behind quickly.

"Let's go back in there and beat her up, Ae-jun!" Nari suggested, pulling on my arm.

She paused when she noticed the tears that filled my eyes and pour down my cheeks. "Ae-jun what's wrong..?" She asked as she pulled me into her chest.

-

Back then
Middle School

"Hey Ae-jun, you think Mi Kyong would look sexy with her hands tied behind her back and naked?!" One of the guys asked.

I gave him a deadly stare when he asked such a question. "I think you'd fit that position more better than she would."

"Stuck up little rich bitch." His friend replied. "Pick on someone else." I looked at Mi Kyong and she stared at me, giving me a scared look.

I looked away, gathering my things and leaving her alone in the class with them. What I did was horrible, leaving her alone to get hurt by those guys but what she did to me was even worst.

-

As the months went by, Mi Kyong started to change. She wasn't shy anymore and she hung out with senior guys more. It sucked that bum wasn't around to see what she had become.

"Hey, Ae-jun! One of my friends really like you and wants to speak with you alone." She smiled, placing a note on my desk.

For some odd reason, I was happy that someone actually liked me in this stupid school. I was such an idiot to fall for her trap.

At the ending of school I stayed behind in class while everyone left. I stayed seated at my desk, holding the love letter in my grip.

When I heard the door to the classroom open I stood up and looked back to see who it was. My smile had faded when it was a senior that walked in.

"Does this.. belong to you?" I asked, waving the note." He nodded, walking up to me and grabbing it.

"Um I don't think this is going to work, seeing that you're a senior and I'm just a freshman.." I said and he smiled.

"That's okay."

The door to the classroom opened once again and two other seniors came into the room and Mi Kyong was with them, smiling deviously.

"What's the meaning of this?" I asked and they all laughed in my face. The first guy who walked in, grabbed hold of me, pinning me down before landing a few punches to my face.

I cried of course but it didn't get any better from there on out.

They violated my body in so many ways you could'nt even imagine but I was grateful that they didn't take what was important to me.

Mi Kyong just stood there and watched, laughing everytime I cried. She even got to hit me a couple of times, blaming me for leaving her alone that day. I knew what I did was wrong and I'd never forgive myself but she didn't think the same way. She never cared.

-

"That bitch!" Nari exclaimed, getting up from her seat. "It's okay Nari, it's in the past.." I mumbled and she looked at me in disbelief.

"Ae-jun, you're still clearly hurting about such a thing! She hurt you.." she said with teary eyes.

"I'm okay I promise, it's just memories that hurt.." I mumbled. "But.. you never got justice or revenge or-"

"Two of the guys went missing few days later and the other was, brutally beatened, that's all I needed." I said, taking a sip of coffee she bought for me.

"Did you..?" She asked. "Of course not, I honestly don't really know what happened to them. I just always thought that karma got to them for hurting an innocent little girl.."

"What about Mi Kyong? Did she get karma?" She ask. "Of course she hasn't. You saw her. Confident and unbroken but I'm sure it'll catch up to her. Thank you for listening.. I feel much better that I've shared with someone." I smiled, placing the empty cup down and standing up.

"You're like a sister to me. I'm always here to listen and support." She pulled me into a tight hug. "Thank you."

"Now let's get you home before your future husband calls for yah." She said giggling.

»»---------------------►