39

Seungbae pov

"Seriously? I can't believe it." Lee said. We were seated at the bar, discussing the conversation I had yesterday with Bum.

"Me, either. He says he wants to see Oh Sangwoo again, and I can't figure out why... He's about to be cleared from investigation. All he's got ahead are happy days.. I really don't get it." I mumbled, staring at the bottle of rum infront of me.

"Who knows? Maybe he really does love him. They did sleep together all the time, he could've gotten attached."

It just didn't make any sense, after what Sangwoo did to him, why would he even consider loving that guy?

"Didn't you see his statement? Oh Sangwoo smashed his legs with a hammer, and slashed his skin with a knife. Not to mention the beatings? If he still loves him after that, that's not love. It's an illness. I'm just saying. It could have been that he just wanted to see him suffer with his own eyes." I finished, letting out a sigh in frustration.

"Come on, it's a happy occasion! Drink up!" He said pouring beer into my empty glass.

"You said, it'll be happy days from now on! Doesn't that include you, too?" He asked.

"You lucky bastard, if you keep whining, I'm gonna send you home. Besides, you have a beautiful girlfriend so you don't need to complain about anything. A stubborn bastard like you found a girl before I could." He chuckled.

"The thing is, we're expecting.." I mumbled before taking a drink of the alcohol.

"No way! Seriously? You're ready to settle down already?" He asked and I glanced at him before pouring more of the alcohol into my cup.

"I can be a dad and a cop, nothing's wrong with that." I said.

"You know, I tried taking her out once but my plans failed. Wanted to apologise for hand cuffing her.." he took a sip of his drink and laugh.

"She's quiet and gentle, you definitely need someone like her to look out for your crazy ass." He stood up from his chair.

"She has a friend, if you're interested." I quickly gulped down the rest of my drink and stood up. "You never fail to surprise me." He waved, walking away. "See you at work." He said.

I couldn't help but go over what Sangwoo meant by he'd haunt me for the rest of my life. He was hospitalized, could even be dead for all I care, there's nothing he can do that would haunt me. It's happy days from here on out.

-

Ae-jun's pov

I stared in the mirror at my little baby bump, a small smile making its way onto my face.

"I'm home!" I heard Seungbae's voice. I quickly pulled down my shirt and walked out of the room, looking up at him. "Welcome home, how was work?" I asked, taking off his jacket and hanging it up.

"Well it's a handful but after work I went to the bar with Officer Lee. There were a few things we needed to discuss away from the station." He said and I understood what he meant.

He placed his hands onto my waist and pulled me closer, planting a kiss on my lips. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, kissing him back.

When he pulled away, I stared at him nervously. "What's wrong? Tell me what happened for you today." He released me and walked into the kitchen.

"Well I took a.. paternity test today, early morning first thing when you were at work.." I said as I played with my fingers, unsure if how he'd feel.

"Ae-jun, you told me that the baby was mines.. are you doubting it?" He asked and I shook my head. "I just wanted to make sure that my abortion don't fail! I'm honestly terrified if the baby is still..his."

"You have nothing to be afraid of. When will you get the results?" He asked, pouring himself a glass of water. "Tomorrow maybe or the day after tomorrow.." I let out a small sigh and sat onto the couch.

"Well we don't have to wait that long." He sat down next to me and placed his arm over my shoulder. "Speaking of which... I don't know why it didn't come to me right away but Ae-jun..?" He started and I looked up at him.

"Yes?" I gave him my full attention, waiting to see what he had to say. "I want you.. to be mines forever.." he whispered, pulling out a small black box from his pocket.

I covered my mouth in shock, seeing that he was actually proposing to me. "Seungbae I.. I don't know what to say.." I said, tearing up. "I'll be waiting no matter how long it takes for you to say it. Even if you say no, I'll still wait for you-"

"Yes!" I immediately hugged him tightly, burying my face into the crook of his neck, feeling his arms wrap around my torso.

"We don't have to rush into it, we can stay engaged for as long as you like.." he said as I pulled away, letting him slip the ring onto my finger.

"I can't believe this is happening.. I always thought I'd never reach this far in any relationship.. I thought I wasn't the type who deserved to be married.." I looked away from the ring and into his eyes.

"Nonsense, every lady deserves this kind of happiness.." he held my hand up to his lips, placing a kiss on it.

"This is.. amazing.." I smiled slightly, leaning into him as he hugged me.

"I'm gonna prepare us a nice bath. We deserve a relaxed evening to ourselves." He said. "Okay but stay a bit.. I miss feeling your warmth." I whispered and he chuckled to my comment.

»»---------------------►