One

Bucky POV

My teeth clench against the icy water crashing against my skin, holding back a shiver. I hate the cold, but hot water isn't something familiar to me. It feels almost dangerous. It's not like I don't have the choice of a warm shower, in fact, the tap is mere metres from me. But I've only touched it twice in the five months I've been here.

Maybe I will next time.

I turn the torrent of water off and grab a towel, marvelling as I do every time at how soft it is. Quickly drying myself, I get dressed, tossing the towel on the side of the bath. I catch a flash of silver in the mirror but avert my gaze.

I don't like mirrors either.

The others are stood around a table in the main space as I step out of my room. My eyes search them for a tall, blond figure. Steve. I make a beeline for him and stand at his shoulder.

"Hey Buck." He murmurs, But his attention is on the hologram floating in the middle of the table. Two cold amber eyes stare at me, almost in accusation. My stomach churns; I know those eyes. Where from, I'm not sure.

"Nyx Nelson. Also known as Agent 184." Tony's voice is loud as usual. He scans the file with confident eyes, arms crossed and head slightly tilted. "She came to prominence about five years ago after assassinating the CEO of a Swedish bank."

He pauses and looks around, his eyes resting on me for a second. Nodding in greeting, he resumes his speech.

"Two weeks ago Hydra attacked an oil rig in the South Pacific. Very clean, very precise, no survivors. Turns out that oil rig wasn't just any oil rig, and the US government was using it to store the blueprints for weapons."

"And by weapons you mean?" Clint asks, eyeing Tony.

"Nukes."

Everyone shuffles a bit at this revelation and Steve lets out a sigh from next to me.

"I don't think I need to stress why we need those plans back." Tony continues. "Nyx here was the lead on that operation, and our sources tell us that she is our best hope at getting them back. As we speak, Hydra is holding captive the executives of seven big power companies in a power plant in Washington, and we know for a fact that Nyx is there. The plan is simple. Clint and Natasha will focus on the hostages, and we want them alive. Cap and Barnes, your job is to bring the girl in. Also alive"

I freeze at the mention of my name.

"I don't think my involvement is a good idea." I say, eyeing Steve in the hopes he'll back me up. I don't know how, but I know this girl, which suggests our relationship isn't a good one.

"What's the matter Buck?" Steve asks, worry on his face. 

I hesitate. For some reason admitting that I might know this girl doesn't seem like a good idea.

"I... It's Hydra. What if something happens?"

Everyone looks at me. Their gazes make me want to crawl under the table but I force myself to stand still, my eyes locked on Steve, who looks back with apprehension.

"Unfortunately, we don't have the option to let you sit this one out. Banner is in Japan for some science convention and I've got a very important meeting with the new Government board of directors that I've already skipped twice. That leaves you four and a ticking clock." Tony finishes, leaning back against the wall.

"What about the Falcon?" I ask

"On a mission."

"Colonel Rhodes?"

"Military duties."

My fists clench and I force myself to take deep breaths. "When do we leave?"

"Now."