1

This one is for you lukehemmingsspouse ♥️

I don't ever ask you where you've been
And I don't feel the need to
Know who you're with

I can't even think straight but I can tell
You were just with her
And I'll still be a fool, I'm a fool for you

Niall's birthday party was the beginning, or the end, depending on from which point of view you were looking at it. For Harry, it was definitely the end.

Louis brought a girl to the party. Her name was Eleanor. Despite the instant rush of jealousy that flushed through his veins when he first saw them, he didn't think much of it. Louis went on dates once in a while. It never got serious. This time it was different.

Louis started to go out every other night, leaving Harry behind in their shared apartment. They were just friends so it wasn't like he was cheating on him. That didn't mean that it didn't hurt. Harry had been secretly and helplessly in love with him for two years now, ever since they first met freshman year.

He watched Louis fall in love with someone else. He had no one to blame but himself. He had never told Louis how he felt about him. On the other hand, Louis had never expressed any deeper feelings towards him either so that must mean that he was the only one in love and he didn't want to make a fool of himself. He didn't want to lose Louis' friendship. He meant the world to him and what they had was special. He had never had a friend like Louis.

Louis came home and flopped down on the sofa next to him with a smile.
"I had such a great evening."

Harry's heart dropped.
"I'm glad."

He stared at the tv and pretended to watch the movie. Louis pouted.
"You're not gonna ask me about it?"

He really didn't want to know the details but he didn't want to be a shitty friend either. He focused on Louis and tried to embrace himself.
"Tell me about it."

"I took her to that Italian restaurant where we always go. She loved the food. I mean, she didn't eat much, said that she had to watch her weight or whatever but she said it was great." Louis started to babble. 

Harry stared at him in disbelief. Louis took someone else to their special place?
"You took her to Alfredo's?"

"Yeah, I'm trying to impress her Hazza." Louis laughed.

Harry swallowed down a lump in his throat but Louis just continued to talk about his perfect date, totally oblivious to how much he hurt his best friend.
"She's great, isn't she?" He ended after a long description of everything she had said and done. He looked at Harry like he was waiting for confirmation.

"I'm sure she is. I haven't really met her." Harry mumbled, smiling on the outside and crying on the inside.

"Oh! You're right. I want to introduce you. You'll love her! Maybe we can invite her over for dinner next week? You can cook something special. What do you say?" Louis asked, all smiley and happy.

Harry tried his best to look excited.
"Sure."

Louis let out a happy sigh and rested his head against Harry's shoulder.
"Great. What are we watching?"

"Some action movie. I don't know." Harry answered absent-mindedly. 

He could feel Louis looking at him and refused to look back.