5

I know I'm not your only
But at least I'm one
I heard a little love is better than none

Louis seemed mad at him for some reason. If he didn't know better he would think that he was jealous but that was ridiculous.

It felt like they were drifting apart and he hated that. He missed his friend. They had always been glued to the hip. They had done everything together. No one made him laugh like Louis did and no one knew him like Louis did, even if he never found the courage to tell him how he felt about him. He couldn't do that.

Louis spent all his time with her, as if he had forgotten everyone else, as if he had forgotten him. They crossed paths on Thursday morning. Even if they lived together they hardly saw each other anymore.
"Good morning Lou." Harry greeted.

Louis actually smiled at him.
"Good morning Hazza."

They sat down to eat breakfast together.
"So I haven't seen you much lately." Harry started off.

"I have a girlfriend now." Louis answered defensively.

"Yeah, of course, but I miss you. We haven't hung out in ages." Harry answered.

Louis' features soften.
"I miss you too."

"Wanna do something someday? I don't know? Go out for dinner?" Harry suggested.

"Yeah, tonight?" Louis asked with a smile.

"Alfredo's at seven?" Harry retorted.

Louis nodded his head. They finished breakfast and went to school.

Harry spent a lot of time getting ready for dinner later that evening. He was really looking forward to hanging out with Louis, just the two of them. Louis hadn't come home yet, but he was sure he would be there soon. When he heard the key in the front door he ran to the hallway to meet him, except Louis wasn't alone. Eleanor was with him.
"Hi, Haz, ready for dinner? Eleanor is coming with us, she really loves Alfredo's." Louis said.

Harry couldn't believe it but it wasn't like he could protest with Eleanor standing right there. He just grabbed his coat and headed outside. The dinner was a fiasco. Harry didn't say much but it wasn't like they noticed. Eleanor was too busy feeding Louis and whispering things in his ear. Harry felt invisible.

After they had dropped her off and arrived at their apartment Harry headed straight to his room without a word.
"Are you angry?" Louis asked and Harry turned around and stared at him.

"Yes. We were supposed to hang out, you and me. Instead, I had to sit and watch you two be all over each other."

"She's my girlfriend! She asked me if she could come with us. I didn't think it would be such a big deal." Louis answered, sounding defensive.

"I wanted to spend time with you! I can't believe you're one of those guys that can't do fucking anything without your girlfriend! For fucks sake Louis, you're with her all the time! You could have gone without her for one night." Harry yelled.

Louis's cheeks turned pink and he shouted back.
"Look who's talking, Mr. Harry 'I'm gonna date the whole fucking world' Styles."

"Are you trying to slut-shame me, Louis? Fuck you! Maybe I'm tired of being alone? Maybe I'm trying to find someone, but it's fucking impossible because I'm..." Harry stopped himself before he outed himself.

"Because you're what?" Louis asked and took a step closer.

"Never mind." Harry answered and turned around and walked inside his bedroom and slammed the door behind him. That had been a close call.