Epilogue

He was a half-hour late. He couldn't believe it. He had listened to Eleanor sobbing and tried to talk to her until he realized that she was only trying to make him miss Harry's performance altogether. He pushed her out the door and jumped in his car and drove as fast as he could but he was nevertheless a half-hour too late when he came running inside the pub. Harry looked up and their eyes met as Harry sang the last chorus of Little Big Towns' song Girl Crush. He sounded great, but Louis pondered over the choice of song. He hadn't changed the lyrics, so he was jealous of her because he wanted her boyfriend? He was probably reading in too much in the choice of song.

He found his way up front where Niall was sitting with Eric and two other guys. Niall gave him the death glare. Louis knew he was disappointed in him. He was fucking devastated himself for missing most of Harry's performance. Niall at least pulled out a chair for him and he hurried to take a seat, facing the stage.

Harry was finished with the song and Louis clapped his hands with the others. He didn't take his eyes off Harry. He looked magnificent up there.
"Thank you. The last song for the night, it's one that I wrote myself and it's called Just a Little Bit of Your Heart." Harry said. He looked really nervous and he glanced at Louis repeatedly.

He cleaned his voice and started to play the guitar. Louis leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees, staring intensely at Harry who started to sing.

I don't ever ask you where you've been
And I don't feel the need to
Know who you're with
I can't even think straight but I can tell
You were just with her
And I'll still be a fool, I'm a fool for you

Louis gasped and stared at Harry with his mouth hung open. Harry wrote this?

Harry refused to look in Louis' direction while he sang the chorus.

Just a little bit of your heart
Just a little bit of your heart is all I want
Just a little bit is all I'm asking for

Louis' head was spinning. He had a hard time grasping what he was hearing. Harry turned his head and stared right back at him as he sang the second verse. His eyes were glossy, like he was about to cry.

I don't ever tell you how I really feel
'Cause I can't find the words to say what I mean
And nothing's ever easy
That's what they say
I know I'm not your only
But I'll still be a fool
'Cause I'm a fool for you

Louis teared up. He couldn't tear his eyes off Harry. Was he saying what he thought he was saying? He listened to Harry singing the chorus again.

Just a little bit of your heart
Just a little bit of your heart is all I want
Just a little bit is all I'm asking for

Harry closed his eyes when he sang the bridge. He looked like he was in pain. Louis' heart clenched.

I know I'm not your only
But at least I'm one
I heard a little love is better than none

A tear spilled over and Louis wiped it away. Harry sang the chorus twice.

Just a little bit of your heart
Just a little bit of your heart is all I want
Just a little bit is all I'm asking for

Just a little bit of your heart
Just a little bit of your heart is all I want
Just a little bit is all I'm asking for

Fuck! That was intense. Louis had a hard time breathing. Harry took a bow and headed backstage.
"Louis, go find him. You know what to do." Niall said.

Louis scrambled to his feet and rushed to the door that would take him backstage. It was a small area and he soon spotted Harry. He was crying. He walked up to him.
"What if I told you that you have all of it? My heart, that is."

Harry gasped and stared at him in disbelief.
"But Eleanor..."

"I broke up with her, that was why I was late. I'm sorry about that. You were amazing up there. I'm so proud of you and I love you." Louis answered and took a step closer.

Harry bowed his head and sobbed uncontrollably.
"What's wrong? Isn't the song about me?" Louis asked, suddenly getting insecure.

Harry looked up
"Of course it is. I love you too. I'm just overwhelmed. I never thought you felt the same way."

"I never thought you felt the same way." Louis retorted.

They stared at each other for a moment, frozen in place. Then Harry whimpered "Lou" and they both threw themself in each other's arms and hugged. Louis caressed Harry's hair to soothe him before he pulled back so he could look at him. He cradled his cheeks and wiped away his tears with his thumbs before he leaned in to kiss him. He brushed his lips with Harry's at first, feeling a small puff of air when Harry exhaled.

Harry's hands came up, and he held the sides of his face and pressed his lips softly against Louis'. They took their time tasting each other until Louis licked Harry's lower lip, asking for entry which he immediately granted. They opened their mouths at the same time and deepened the kiss. Harry pressed himself closer and wrapped his arms around Louis' neck instead while they swirled their tongues around.

They were both getting affected. Louis broke the kiss and leaned his forehead against Harrys.
"Let's go home Haz."

"Yeah!" Harry breathed out. He pulled his head back so they could see each other. He looked so happy. They just stood there smiling like fools but then Harry took Louis' hand in his and pulled him against the exit, hopeful for the future and in total wonder of how powerful the lyrics in a song could be.

The End