One idea is better than nothing

Supergirl walked through a long corridor of the DEO, still holding Lena's hand. She quickly opened a door to her left and pushed Lena inside. 

"What are we-" Lena couldn't finish her sentence, because Supergirl covered her mouth. 

"Shhh. He's not deaf. He could be anywhere." Supergirl whispered. Lena nodded and carefully breathed in. She could feel Supergirl's breath on her cheek. The blonde took her hand from Lena's mouth and leaned back. "Don't say anything until I tell you to. It's more save that way." 

Slightly annoyed by the commanding tone of voice, Lena turned around and quietly looked around the room. Winn stood behind a small table. She nodded appreciative. Then she slowly walked around in the laboratory while Winn opened a box and pulled out a little metallic circle. He passed it to Supergirl who pressed it on her chest, and it disappeared. She lifted her head and nodded at Winn. He just gulped and left the room. 

Lena turned around to Supergirl and smiled. She was pointing at a picture on the wall. It showed Supergirl in her suit with Winn, James, J'onn, Alex and Lucy around. They were standing in Kara's apartment, but Lena didn't seem to notice.

Supergirl nodded and smiled back at Lena. Then she suddenly walked over to her until they were only inches away from each other. Lena looked confused at Supergirl. 

"He's here." She mouthed. Lena's eyes widened and she just nodded. She took a step forward and just walked into Supergirls arms, wrapping her arms around the hero. Supergirl looked over Lena's shoulder to the man holding a taser and a knife. 

"Thank you for everything." Lena whispered. 

The man took a step forward and Supergirl quickly turned Lena and herself around, so she was standing with her back to the villian and Lena couldn't be hurt. She pushed Lena forward and shouted, "Run!" 

Lena watched how the man pressed the taser in Supergirls back and Supergirl screamed. Green electric flashes were coming from the taser and Lena realized that that was not a normal taser. She grabbed a metal pole from a table to her right and took a step forward, slapping it into the man's face. 

"Not Supergirl you idiot!" Lena screamed and stabbed the pole in his stomach and he screamed in pain. She used the moment to grab Supergirl by the wrist and quickly leave the room. Shouting for help, Alex came out of a room and ran over to her seconds later.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Alex looked at Supergirl and her face went pale. Supergirl looked like she couldn't even stand by herself. 

"He was in there and he had a kryptonite taser." Lena coughed out between huffed breaths and looked at Alex. "And I know who he is."

··· 

"So you're saying that the man who is trying to kill you had been working for you until you closed the kryptonite project? And now he wants to kill you because you didn't tell him the formula so he could kill Superman? Because Superman couldn't save his family from Lex?"

"Yes. Pretty fucked up, I know." Lena looked up. "I didn't recognize him until I saw the kryptonite taser. He loved that stuff." 

"Of course. Who doesn't, if it is able to kill the strongest Aliens on earth?" Alex looked at Lena and sighed. "But you didn't do anything wrong. And at least you told us about him."

"Sure, Supergirl is also my friend. And she saved my life a lot of times. Speaking of her, where exactly is she?" Lena sounded more concerned than she expected to be.

"We brought her to some friends where she is save. She will stay there until we found out how to stop him. This taser was very efficient, it took more than 80% of her energy. She needs some days to take a rest."

"Okay. And Alex?" Alex looked up. "I'm sorry for all this. If I wouldn't hav-" 

"Lena, you didn't do anything wrong. And it's not helpful to think about what could have been. Better think about what can be and help us defeat him."

Lena stood up. She thought for a second and then decided to go for it. "I think I have an Idea. It's not a good one but it could work." 

She held out her hand and Alex took it. "One Idea is better than nothing."

···

When Lena was done with everything, she passed the little metallic ball to Alex. The brunette looked suspicious. 

"This is going to stop him teleport?" 

"If he teleports with kryptonite, like I bet he does because I meantioned that when we worked, then this ball will take all his powers from him. If he's been connected with the kryptonite for to long, it might also kill him." Lena took a deep breath.

"Okay, as long as it saves us." Alex sighed at her cruel statement, but Lena knew she was right. 

"Alex?" Lena looked over to the agent. "One more thing: Please be careful. If he's as smart as he was when we worked together, he has probably planned something. And if he sees the ball, he might know what we're planning and stop us. We need the surprise effect on our side. If not, this will end badly. And I can't lose you."

"I'll be careful, I promise." Alex went for a hug. 

"Kara wouldn't forgive me." Lena whispered in Alex ear. 

"She would, Lena. You're trying your best and we both can't say how strong he is. And also, she loves you."

"She does?" Lena whispered, but they were already done with the hug and Alex couldn't hear her anymore.

"Okay, hold on the plan, Lena. Whatever happens." Alex smiled softly and stepped out of the van they were in. Lena looked after her and then closed the door. 

It had been two days since the attack in the DEO. Since then, Supergirl had been resting somewhere Lena didn't know of. She herself had worked all day and night on the construction that was now their only weapon against this apparently alien that was trying to kill her, causing her to spend no time outside of the building of the DEO. After they had finished it, they asked Winn to track him down and took a DEO van and got to the location. They had decided on Lena to be the lookout because Alex was experienced and knew such threats. So that's were Lena was now. She sat down on the table in the inside of the car, a headset on, and watched the screens showing where Alex was going. 

Oh god, please let this work.