Chapter 3

Wind is getting stronger here and it's kinda scaring me

"Didn't I tell you? Your magical abilities are useless against me, so long as I know how they work

"Didn't I tell you? Your magical abilities are useless against me, so long as I know how they work. Maybe you should try hand-to-hand combat?" You playfully smirked to the mage. He would sigh, "I am not the type to fight with fists. So I will not..."

You shrugged, "Might as well watch the other matches, since we can't fight ourselves." The mage raised his eyebrow, "What about our partners?" You looked at them, "They can handle each other." Still standing on the ice, you took a look at the other arenas.

3,050 Years Ago...

"Gloxi, stay still..." You tugged at his hair as you were braiding it as you added flowers. "Where'd you even learn how to do this anyways?" He asked, staying completely still. "...I kinda went to the human world when you were gone. Some woman was braiding a child's hair and I just picked it up..."

"You went to the human world? My, my, I shouldn't be surprised." Gloxinia chuckled, moving a bit. "I'm almost done, then you can move. But if you move one more time you're going to mess up my progress." Still braiding his hair, you were very focused.

Gerheade was busy looking at the braid you gave her. "And... Done!" You let go of Gloxinia's hair. It was a braid that had flowers added to it. "So, how do I look?" He stood up and looked to you and Gerheade.

"A much better improvement than your other look." You joked. "Now now, don't be so rude." Gerheade giggled. "Mhm, as your fairy king I should be respected!" Gloxinia said as a joke. "Pulling the fairy king card now are we, eh?" You nudged him.

'But in truth, you are cute...' "I'm cute?" He raised his eyebrows as you blushed. "Oh?" Gerheade smirked. "Did you forget to use your magic?" Gloxinia crossed his arms. "Shut up before I take the braid out..." You pouted. "I like it, though."

Now...

Shaking your head to get the memory away, you could tell Gloxinia took a glance at you. 'I shouldn't be thinking of those at a time like this...' You internally scolded yourself, seeing a small smirk form. "The winners are, the Elizabeth and Elaine team!" Taizoo announced.

The mage sent ice at your way, which was immediately dispelled before it came into contact with your body. "You don't seem to be a good listener, I already said, your magic won't work on me."

"So why don't you use your magic against me, then?" The mage asked, staring at you. "I have been, but I'm also saving my other magic for later." You crossed your arms. "You have been? But I haven't seen any sort of attack from you..."

Tilting your head just a bit, you gave a smile, "Have you not guessed my magical ability yet? I think it should be obvious now." He shook his head, "No, I have not. You fairy, are sure a mystery." You floated up and landed just in front of the mage.

"Would you like a hint?" You made eye contact with him. He didn't respond. "Hm, well, it just so happens that once I have intel of certain attacks my opponent can use, they aren't able to use it against me. Does that give you an idea?"

"Are you sure that was a hint? It does give me information, it does not give me context..." The mage said. "...Aren't information and context the same thing?" You asked. "Are you serious." The mage sweat-dropped. "No, I'm Y/N."

He sighed. "The winners are, the Meliodas and Ban team!" You'd look over to the two who seemed the be confused with how their opponents were defeated. "Idiots..." You looked at them, "By the way what's your name?" The mage answered, "Gilfrost."

"Well then, Gilfrost, please go ahead and attack me again." You smirked. Gilfrost hesitated at first, before launching more ice at you, the ice participles disappeared. "Copy." You then summoned the same ice particles and launched it at him.

Gilfrost blocked the attack by summoning an ice wall. "So you're able to copy your opponents moves, huh?" The ice wall would go back into the ground. "Why yes, if I'm able to get a basic rundown of how my opponents magic works, I can."

"Not to mention I am also able to use other magical abilities I have copied, however only if they've been used within the past 15 minutes." You'd explain, "So when you launched the ice attacks at me I was able to manipulate the ice."

"I see... You are certainly strong in battle." Gilfrost nodded. "I can also copy other people's magic power levels, but only if I, myself, am running out of magic. Also, the power level has to be from someone I consider a friend." You would explain more.

"How many abilities have you copied?" He asked. "A lot, oh hey partner, doing well?" Your partner in full armor and his opponent were still having a sword duel. Your partner gave a nod as they slashed their sword, the pink haired one blocking with their own.

"Gilfrost, do you notice anything strange about me?" You scratched your cheek. "I do not know why you're asking me such, but no, you do not appear to have anything strange on you." Gilfrost answered. "Good, 'cause I feel like something coming..."

"The winners are, the King and Diane team!" You looked towards King and Diane, only to realize they had were battling with Drole and Gloxinia's substitutes. The two seemed to be interested in their abilities.

"Geez, those two better not do anything to them." You placed a hand on your hip. "Hm? Who are you talking about?" Gilfrost asked. "Not to worry about." Your face turned blank as Gloxinia made eye contact with you once again. 'Asshole.' You purposefully thought so he would be able to read you.

'Aw, thanks for the compliment.' That was his response to your thoughts as you read his. "Never mind, he might have not changed that much." You muttered.

This chapter isn't much, but I hope you enjoyed it!