Cousins

Today is Monday and I have to help Genevieve.

You know, the girl who was recently Hearing Impaired?

After school, I went over to the address.

On Sunday, I met with her Mom and she gave me her number. I'm guessing she wanted to make sure I wasn't some creep. 

I knocked on the door and Sylvia answered it

I knocked on the door and Sylvia answered it. "Your right on time, come in." She side stepped and opened the door wider.

The inside was beautiful. 

Sylvia went to the bottom of the stairs and yelled, "Gen! She's here!" Then went back to the kitchen

5 minutes later and she still hasn't come. "I just told her she was here, why didn't she come down?"

Probably because she is now Hearing Impaired?

I didn't know if I was to inform her or what. As if reading my mind, realization stuck her and she raced upstairs.

They came down and I seen Genevieve.

She's really pretty. I stood and introduced myself, "Hi, I'm Jade." She glared at my hand as if it were a disease.

Her mom nudged her and nodded at my hand.

"Shake her hand, Gen." Genevieve continued to glare at my hand.

"Shake it, Now." Said her mom through gritted teeth, while nudging Genevieve.

Genevieve finally relented and took my hand. I don't think her mom noticed how she grimaced when she did.

"Ok, you to can go upstairs to Gen's room and start."

Genevieve nodded her head and motioned for me to follow her. When we got to her room, I sat my bag down on the floor by the entrance.

Genevieve was watching my every move.

It was a little creepy but I think she does that because she doesn't trust people. I went over to stand in front of her.

I motioned to my lips and said, "What's your number?"

She was hesitant.

"If we're going to do this, the start needs to be easy. I know it maybe hard for you to trust, but I need you to try if this is going to work."