Chapter Three

"There's something we haven't told you," my mother looked me straight in the eye and a shiver crawled down my spine.

"What is it? Did someone die?" My father chuckled, but not in the way when he thinks something if funny.

"No, um...listen. There are going to be some new arrangements from now on," okay..but what does this have to do with the Black Depths? My father continued, "as we both know, you are going to be 17 pretty soon..and you still haven't found your mate yet-"

"Father, don't worry. I'll find one, I was so close this time!"

"We already heard what happened with Luke, no need to lie," this came from my mother. Damn it! They did find out.

"As I was saying, the Alpha of the Black Depths needs a new mate and we sort of made a deal.."

"What deal? You're just going to trade me off to some pack? The pack that happens to be one of our biggest rivals?"

"It's not like that. You will live over there, spend some time with the Alpha, and as the time passes, we might be able to pay off the debt that we owed and get you back."

"Might? What happens if you don't in time?"

"Then you are to be Luna of the Black Depths."

"What are you talking about? Then I will never see you again!"

"Yes, but I'm afraid that's how it will be." This was coming from my own mother.

"How could you guys do this to me? I'm your daughter- your only child!" I managed to say through gritted teeth and tears. I was getting a headache.

"We're so sorry," And with that, I was being dragged away. Away from my family, away from my friends, away from my whole life. What was this deal? What debt did they have to pay off? And most importantly, why did they just give me away so easily? Without saying "I love you?"

"You can't do this! You can't take away my best friend!" Claire screamed. She tried to run after me, but they dragged her back away. Natalie looked at me with sad eyes, but couldn't find the courage to speak; she knew better. They pulled me out of the building and into the dark night. I didn't even try budging because every time I did that, they just held on tighter and pulled even harder. I took one last glance at the night sky; and just like that, everything went black.

********************************

Author's Note:
Hello my beautifuls :) Hoped you liked this chapter!!! I update every Tuesday and Friday so stick around! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! Love you guys <3
- XO Raquel