Chapter Four

"They don't love you, no one does. That's why they gave you away. You're just the sacrifice." An unfamiliar voice whispered. But there was no one there except blackness. Then out of nowhere, my father appeared.

"We don't want you! Leave us!"

The same came from my mother. They both stood in the blackness, giving me a cold stare that I knew was going to be hard to forget.

"I love you both. Can't we just be a family? Work little by little to pay off this 'debt?'" They kept staring at me like I didn't say anything at all. "Please answer! I miss you both," Nothing but empty stares. I kept screaming, but still no reply. This went on for awhile until they both interrupted in unison.

"You're just the sacrifice! You're just the sacrifice! You are just the SACRIFICE!" I couldn't take it. They repeated the same four words over and over again, getting louder each time. All of a sudden, Claire and Natalie appeared. Just like my parents, they spoke in unison.

"Nuisance. That's what you are. Nothing but a nuisance," they repeated this along with my parents. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get away from the chaos.

Then it stopped. All was silent and all you could hear was a buzzing noise.

The blackness disappeared and was replaced with a bright room. Where was I? There was a huge window to my right, a book case across the room, and a door right next to it. There was also a huge television and another small door that I guess led to a bathroom. Overall, the room was huge with white walls and blue curtains.

I looked down to find a bed that I happened to be laying on, and a light blue night gown that I happened to be wearing. What happened to the red strappless dress I was wearing at the party? Wait a minute, how long has it been since the party? I was getting a headache just wondering about these questions.

I was bored out of my mind-and I most certainly didn't want to go to back to sleep-so I made my way to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, and put on a pair of jeans along with a tight red sweater that I found in the huge closet with many clothes in it. But why was everything just in my size?

After all of this, I opened the exit to peek out into the hall way. Since I didn't like the view, I stepped outside to see where I was. I walked down the endless hallway to find a huge crystal chandylier on the ceiling above a ginormous staircase. Just next to this, there was a railing in which you could see what appeared to be yet another endless hallway; this one with tan tiles. I was admiring the view, when I heard a female voice.

"Hello, you must be Evelina! I'm Celeste."

***********************

Author's Note:

Hey beautifuls :) I hoped you liked this chapter! I will be updating every Tuesday and Thursday/Friday, so stick around. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! You guys are the best <3

-XO Raquel