Chapter Seven

After a full three hours of getting jabbed with needles, a crew of seamstresses managed to create a beautiful black gown which consisted of one strap, a diamond waistline, and was long enough to sweep the ground behind me. Amongst this, they trimmed about three inches of my brown hair, and of course, did my eyebrows. All of this was great, but the disappointed look on Damian's face was somehow the only thing in my mind.

As I lie on my new bed with a book, Celeste knocked on the door and came inside.

"Great news! We have arranged sparkling champaign for tomorrow night!" About that...

"What is so special about tomorrow night?" She gasped and looked at me like the question I had asked was so obvious to everyone. "Well, what is it?"

"It's your welcoming coronation! When the whole pack accepts you as their Luna? Why do you think you were wearing black?" I looked at her in confusion, after all, the color black was for funerals. She decides to answer the question for me, "everyone who is accepted as a new member has to attend a coronation in the color black. It is also crucial that the new Luna wears diamonds. That's just how it works, didn't you do that back in the Bloodstones?"

"Well, now that you mention it...no. And I am not anyone's Luna-I'm not even Damian's mate, okay? I just met him and he already hates me." She shook her head.

"And how can you be so sure? Like you said, you just met him. Give it some time, that's just how he is. He does care about you, he's just had a troubled past," I ignored what she said.

"Speaking of troubled pasts, what deal did my parents make with you? How can I break it?"

"I don't know! You will have to ask Damian about that," I should've expected the same answer as everyone else. I sighed, feeling like a grounded nine-year old who had to ask daddy for a sleepover, "okay, well you can go to bed or whatever you want. Just get some sleep for tomorrow night."

"Bye," she closed the door shut. I read a few more chapters and turned off the lights.

*************

As I lied in bed, I realized that I wasn't tired, but really hungry. I tip-toed into some slippers and opened the door.

I tried my best to find the way into the kitchen (which took me half an hour) and opened a fridge. After deciding to go for the cotton candy ice cream, I close the fridge door and turned around to find a dark figure right in front of me.

"Hello, Evelina." Damian. I froze in my tracks, almost dropping the tub of ice cream.

"Sorry, I was just-uh g-getting a late night snack," my vision was starting to adjust to the darkness, and I could see his cold gray eyes staring into mine.

"No need to apologize. May I join you?" I was too shocked for words.

"Sure," he grabbed two spoons and led me to a smaller table in the corner of the room. We both took a seat and dug in.

"So tell me, Evelina, what do you like to do?"

"Read, draw, maybe some-"

"I mean on a date? Tomorrow, after the coronation?" Woah, this was already coming too soon.

"Oh, um..I guess something simple, like uh..a picnic by a lake, the movies, maybe?" He didn't smile, he just looked at me in a way that made me self-conscious about my hair.

"Okay, then both tomorrow," his stare reminded me of something important.

"The deal. What is it?" He let out a serious chuckle.

"Yes, I guess you deserve to know. Well, your parents; they stole many things from us. We told them if they didn't pay us back what they took, I could either kill off the whole pack, or..." He didn't finish. We both knew what came next. There was just one question that continued to linger in my mind.

"Out of all the people, why did you choose me?" For the first time, the corner of his mouth moved in a way that almost looked like a smile.

"I just knew it would work out," again with the stare, along with silence. He dipped his spoon for more ice cream and took a different look at me, "so who is it that inspired you to take in interest in literature?" He said with a smile.

**************

Hey beautifuls :)
Omigosh it feels like a long time since I updated! Not gonna say why *cough cough* school. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment your suggestions on how to make this story better. Love you guys <3
-XO Raquel

Mates with the EnemyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara