Chapter 2

-----Herieths pov-----

    We all rush to the training center, separating as we enter. I place my bag filled with ballet equipment from my morning class in the change rooms. Nathaniel and I are partners, and Siddy is with River.

I look longingly at River, getting lost in his eyes. I snap back to reality as Siddy throws the gear at his face.

I hear Nathaniel call my name, and I look to see him already ready to start.

Arroyo comes floating in with the plan for today's lesson. "Everyone gather around please," He says waving us over. "Today we will be moving on from fighting one on one, to fighting two on two. We will do a round of boys vs girls. To make it more fun, the losers will have to clean the winning team's gear."

I look over at Siddy who is smiling from ear to ear. I can feel the waves form underneath my skin with excitement. It's been so long since I've worked with Siddy, and now we finally get to reunite and dominate the boys.

WAIT.
That means I'll have to fight River.
shit, shit.
"Obsidian," I call out to her, holding on to my necklace.

"I'm going to have to fight River... What if I mess up and he thinks I'm weak, or I beat him and he gets scared of me?" My breath starts to speed up.

"Herieth you'll be fine, you know River isn't like that, no man like that is worth your time."

Just as I'm about to respond, Nathaniel passes me a sword.

He moves in and closes the space between us, tucking a stray piece of hair out of my face. "Wouldn't want anything covering that pretty face of yours," he whispers.

"Obsidian, did you just see that?" I call to her mind.

"Um ya... does he not know what personal space is?"

I laugh awkwardly and back away from Nathanial towards Obsidian, getting into a fighting stance.

"Okay and... BEGIN! REMEMBER NO POWER-" Arroyo bellows as Obsidian cuts him off, already launching over to Nathaniel and allowing her hair to light up in flames. "Obsidian, CALM DOWN!" Arroyo yells sternly. Obsidian stops in her tracks and rolls her eyes, her powers calming down.

"Down girl," Nathaniel says, a smirk on his face, with River behind him holding back his laughter.

I go to grab Siddys wrist, but she's already tackled him to the ground.

River and I make eye contact, signalling that we're ready to fight. I stalk my way over to him, waiting for him to make a move.

Like that, everything else disappears, and I stare into his eyes. They remind me of the night sky, the light reflecting like the moon, pulling me in.

Without warning, he charges at me with his sword aimed at my heart, snapping me back to reality. I realize what's happening and I raise my sword to block his attack. No way I'm letting him stab into my heart this quickly.

I go to strike his side, but he serves out the way. He swings and hits the side of my arm, catching me off guard. As I'm falling, I swipe my leg and it connects to his ankles. He falls to the ground next to me.

Before I can get up, he throws his body over mine, pinning my hands above my head. "Surrender," he says quietly. I'm too distracted by the fact that his body is pressed against mine.

As I'm listening to the sound of my beating heart, I can hear Nathanial yelling across the training room. "I surrender, now can you stop BREAKING my arm!"

I'm about to surrender too when Obsidian reaches out to my mind. "I Swear if you don't get your head out of your ass, and stop daydreaming."

That's all I needed to get the water back pumping through my veins. I kick my knee up into his groin, just enough to make him loosen the grip on my hands. I pull my hands out of his grip, using the momentum to throw his body off of me. As I roll over on to him, I grab his sword and plant it on his neck. "Surrender," I say quietly, leaning down to his ear.

"I surrender," He grunts in a deep voice that sends shivers down my body.

I lift my sword off his neck and stand up, stretching my hand out to him. He automatically grabs on to it, patting my shoulder when he gets up and congratulating me.

I smirk as I turn on my heels towards Obsidian, erupting into laughter. We throw off our gear and walk out, leaving the boys to clean our mess.

"Did you see the moment we had?," I giggle to Obsidian, going over the fight in my head, smiling at each moment. Siddy throws her arm around my neck, resting it on my shoulder. "You should go back and talk to him...alone," Obsidian says with a wink, "but Nathaniel-"

"UGH, ok send him my way. I can give you 10 minutes, I'm not spending more than that with that buffoon," she rolls her eyes, letting go of my shoulder as she walks back to our sleeping quarters.

Shit.

This is gonna be interesting.

How do you guys like this? Who do you ship? We should have more chapters out soon!