~Old Friend~

"You know Urbosa?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. She used to babysit care of me and my friend Revali when we were little." Link said, turning around to face me.

 "Wait- Revali? Like the rito Revali?"  I grabbed his shoulders and looked him in the eye.

 "Uh... Yeah? Why?" Link asked, slowly backing out of my grip and going back to baking.

 "I've known Revali since I was young. His girlfriend is my best friend!" I smiled. What a coincidence that we both knew the rito.

 "What? That's cool!" He laughed. He snapped his fingers, "So you're the girl he was talking about. In highschool he used to say you were the biggest teacher's pet to ever exist."

 "Oh yea- wait what?" I started to giggle but then stopped once I realized what he said.

Link looked over his shoulder, "Yeah. He used to mimic your accent and say you acted like the queen of the school." He went back to whipping the batter.

 I turned to the phone, "Wha- Urbosa did he really say these things?"

 "Yep. I thought I had mentioned you to Link, but I guess that was a long time ago. Revali says all sorts of things about everyone. He also said you acted like King Dorphean."

 I laughed "Of course he did. I swear I'm going to pluck everyone of his feathers out one by one the next time I see him." I walked over to the phone and picked it up. "Farewell Urbosa, I have a cake to bake!" I giggled sticking my tongue out at Urbosa and she stuck hers back out at me. I pressed the red button and set the phone down, grabbing a hair-tie to pull my hair back. I walked over to Link and looked at him, waiting for him to tell me what to do.

 Link smiled. "You know... I kinda feel like I already know you. Like we were good friends. Maybe in a past life or something." he said, pausing from his task to look at me thoughtfully, " I mean, its a little weird that you've only known me for a day and now I'm in your apartment baking a cake." 

 I looked at him. "Well, perhaps we did. Maybe it is fate that we are here. And either way, you've been very kind to me. Not many people would go out of their way to be so generous. And who am I to refuse help with cooking?" I laughed.

 We locked eyes for a minute before he cleared his throat.

 "So, uh.... I made the first part of the batter. Do you want to do the second?" 

 "Oh yes! How do I do it?" And with that it was as if Link had become a wise sheikah master. He talked me through every step, and laughed with me when I made a mistake.

 Time flew by and in what seemed to be minutes, I slid the cake into the oven. I wiped the sweat of my forehead and smiled at my work.

 "What now?" I asked turning to Link.

 "Now we wait. Then make the frosting. And we need to cut up fruit."

 "Frosting, fruit, decorate. Got it. Anything else?"

 Link shrugged, "Nope. Thats it."

I nodded and pulled some fruit out of the mini-fridge. I started to wash and slice strawberries. "Link, could you make the frosting?"

 He nodded and pulled a mixing bowl out.

 After about 20 minutes of making things and chatting, Link stopped and looked at me.

"Zelda, would you like to get lunch with me sometime?"

I walked over to him and stuck my finger in the mixing bowl, and then dotted the frosting on his nose. Link yelped and backed away.

I laughed and grabbed a napkin to wipe the frosting off of his nose.

"Yes, of course."