~Polite~

" Yeah, I've lived here for about a year and a half." He said, looking down the hall. 

" Wow! Um... well, I have to get the rest of my stuff from my car.." I said, turning to walk away.

" Oh, I'll help if that's okay with you?" Link asked.

I shook my head, " It's just a few boxes of plates and silverware, you don't need to. I'll be fin- hmph!" He placed his finger on my mouth, just as I had done earlier and laughed.

" You really hate people helping you, don't you? I promise it's no hassle." He flashed me a cheeky grin and turned to leave.

I nodded and followed him silently.

When we reached the car, I dug in my purse for my keys, but couldn't find them. A pit formed in my stomach as I realized I had lost them. I bit my lip and cursed silently while clawing through the old receipts,coupons and food wrappers.

" Zelda? Is everything alright?" Link asked, peeking over her shoulder.

 " Oh yes... Uh... It seem that I have lost my keys." I said nervously, avoiding his gaze.

" Oh, you mean these?" He laughed, holding up my keys in his hand. "They were sitting on top of the car."

 " Thank the Goddesses, Yes! Well... now I feel stupid." I said, biting my lip and taking the keys from him.

"Don't. Everyone makes mistakes. Even me." He smiled, " You know, one time I went to the Hebra Mountains for a Shield Surfing trip, and was halfway down the mountain when I realized I had grabbed the wrong shield and it was about to break.  I was in the hospital for 5 days after that." He winced, as if remembering the pain.

 I stifled a laugh and grinned at him. " That does make me feel quite a bit better. Thank you for that."

He smiled and coughed, " So.... Are we gonna bring up your stuff or what?"

" Oh! Yes. Of course." I unlocked the trunk and handed him a few small boxes and a pillow.

 " I think that's all." I sighed, readjusting the box of blankets and sheets I carried into a more comfortable position.

 " This is my apartment. It isn't much but I look forward to fixing it up as I continue living here."

" Wow. It looks alot better than my place did when I first moved here." Link said, eyes darting around as he took in his surroundings.

 "Well then, I am very thankful to have it."

Link walked over to my bookshelf and ran his finger over the glossy spines. " I always loved reading the Hero of Time books. As I supposed my mother did. Or she may have liked any of the other era novels, hence my name." He chuckled.

"What a coincidence. We both have names of legend. I suppose it must have been Hylia that brought us to meet." I smiled.

 His eyes darted back to the books after he shot me a brief smile. " You have the Hero of Twilight books? Those are the only ones I haven't read. I've been planning to go downtown and buy them, but I've been really busy an-"

" You can borrow them. I promise I don't mind. After all, it is only polite to return the favor after what you did earlier."

 " Oh.. Uh, Thanks! I promise I won't damage them. When should I return them?" His eyes shone with excitement. I guess that's one thing we can relate to each other on. Books. I watched as a childish grin spread across his face. The way he looked at me like a little puppy mad my stomach flutter.

 "W-Whenever you've finished. Now, it's getting late, you must be off." I said, shoving the books into his arms, a blush rapidly rising through my face.

  " Oh- Of course. I'll see you tomorrow then?" He backed out of the door, eyeing me in confusion.

 " Tomorrow! Goodbye now!" I waved as he walked towards his apartment.

 I shut the door and ran my hands through my hair.

 ' Goddesses! Why do I keep doing that? I've only been around him for a day, and I'm already getting flustered. And what for? He was only being polite. I was only being polite.'

'Only being polite.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry for the late upload. I've been really busy with music stuff and medical things. Today I found out I need glasses. Any advice on handling them? Anyways, I should have the next chapter out by Sunday if everything goes according to plan. I hope you guys have a Happy Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, or whatever you celebrate. 

Love y'all,

Holly