Little Bird

"Calling 💛URBOSA💛

"Hello my little bird." URBOSA said as her face appeared on the screen of my sheika slate.

"Hi Urbosa." I said setting the slate down on my kitchen counter.

"So, why did you call  me? Did everything go well moving in?"

 "Oh, yes. I just... I met someone today."

 "Oh? A boy?" I could almost hear the knowing grin spread across her face.

 "Yes, a boy. He works in the shop next to mine. The bakery."

 "Oh! I know the place. Wild Forest was it?"

 "Yes. Anyways, I went to check it out after I cleaned the store. It's quite funny how I met him actually. I was looking through a display glass and he scared me. Then I fell and he helped me up, which was sweet,"

"Classic Zelda. And now you're too embarrassed to face him again?" Urbosa said, flipping her hair 

I glared at the screen as I bent down to grab some cooking bowls. " No. After that he gave me free food. And then I met him again later in the hallway. He helped me carry up some of my stuff."

"How kind. What's his name?"

"Li-" I gasped as the cake batter I was mixing splashed all over my face.

"Zelda... Are you cooking?" Urbosa squinted into the phone.

" Uh... Yeah. I know. Not the safest thing."

"Zelda. The last time you tried to cook we had to get a new stove. You set it on fire. You were making scrambled eggs!" Urbosa sighed as she rubbed her eyes.

"I know. But I really have a good feeling about this time. I'm a fully grown woman and I can make my own food."

"Fine. I'll leave. Just make sure you don't screw anything up."

" Urbosa!" I snapped, peering down at my screen. " I am certainly old enough to cook on my own food... But I wouldn't mind you staying on."

" Of course you don't. Who wouldn't?" Urbosa laughed

I giggled, " Careful Urbosa, you're starting to sound like Reva-" I was suddenly interrupted by a loud knocking at my door.

 " Now who could that be?" Urbosa asked, quirking her brown and smirking.

  I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

"Link! Hi!" I said, trying to be quiet. If Urbosa heard him, she'd never stop teasing me.

 " Hi. Are you busy? I found a book in my room that I thought you'd like."

 " Oh? May I see it?"

 Link nodded and pulled out a thick book with the title, 'Hyrule History Volume II' He dusted it off. "  found it in my closet. Probably an old Christmas present or something."

 I gasped "Link! This is a limited edition!! Thank you so much!" I hugged the book to my chest.

  Link chuckled and sniffed the air. " Zelda? Are you baking?" He asked peeking over my shoulder.

 "Oh- uh, yes. Unfortunately. I've never been a good cook. It always turns out terribly. I'll probably screw it up again." I laughed nervously, scooting over to block the mess in my kitchen from sight. "I'm making a cake. Fruitcake."

"Oh! I've made fruitcake loads of times!! I could help you if you'd like?"

 I looked over my shoulder and sighed. 

 "I would very much appreciate that." I opened the door and gestured for him to come in. He nodded and walked in. 

 As we headed towards the small kitchen area I watched him assess the situation.

"I can fix this. Let's start." Link started grabbing ingredients and at lightning speed and whipped up the perfect batter.

 My jaw hung open as I marveled at Link's speed and skill. He looked to me and called me over.

I walked over to him but was stopped in my tracks by a blaring voice coming from my phone.

"Zelda? Who is that with you" Urbosa said.

 A deep blush spreads across my face as I scurried over to get the phone.

"Oh. Um.... This is Link. He runs the bakery-" I stopped as I saw Link freeze and turn around. A big smile spread across his face.

"Hey Urbosa."

A/N:

Hi guys!!! So sorry about not updating for such a long time. I've had a bunch of Musical Theatre stuff in the past few weeks and have been super busy. I plan to start updating more frequently in the future. You can expect the next update soon. :)