♠️ Chapter Five: Geronimo ♠️

~~~

A/N Ignore the outfit with the cardigan

A/N Ignore the outfit with the cardigan. Delilah is wearing the sweatpants and tank top with the cardigan. :)

~~~

Delilah wasn't the same after the Doctor left two years ago. She went back to work and continued to be with Amy and Rory, but something was different, despite her best efforts to shine with happiness something always held her back. It was strange for Delilah, she had no idea why there was a constant dull ache in her chest, overwhelming her with emptiness - she felt lonely, incomplete. Some nights Delilah woke up in the middle of the night gasping for air, a tightness in her chest that made the air feel like razor blades and tears running down her cheeks from the pain. She hated it. It hurt. Delilah's panic attacks got worse, and she crawled back into a ball of anxiety only ever talking with Amy, Rory, and the regular customers at the bookstore. Her heart felt as if a weight had been placed on it and her tattoo always resonated in pain.

Amy saw how much the Doctors departure affected Delilah, it reminded her of herself when she was younger. Amy tried to get Delilah's mind off him, and it worked for a little bit, but she could always tell when Delilah's smile wasn't real. Part of Amy knew the Doctor would return one day and she hoped it would be soon for Delilah's sake.

~~~

It was late at night and both girls laid in their respective beds. One feeling giddy as her two best friends were about to marry - she couldn't wait. While the other laid in her bed nervous, tossing and turning.

Delilah was just about to fall asleep when a burst of warmth flooded her, it was overwhelming, but she welcomed it. She shot up sitting in her bed holding her chest when her tattoo caught her attention, it was glowing. With a shaky hand Delilah touched it, sparks flew up her arm and her breath caught in her throat. She hadn't felt this since the Doctor.

Suddenly, Amy busted into Delilah's room, "He's back! The Doctor's back!" she proclaimed.

Delilah didn't waste any time grabbing her knitted cardigan and converses. After putting them on she raced downstairs after Amy, who was dressed in her slippers and nightgown. Both girls barged through the door and saw in the distance, the Tardis with the Doctor's silhouette in front.

The Doctor heard the front door open and saw Amy and Delilah and smiled. He gaze lingered on Delilah, he missed her, despite only being gone for a few minutes. The Doctor knew he shouldn't have run off without her the minute he felt the emptiness and painful ache in his hearts - it was horrible. He hated that Delilah would've felt it too. He felt incomplete but seeing her here now the Doctor was jumping with joy, feeling extremely giddy.

Delilah stared at the Doctor as he yelled, "Sorry about running off earlier. Brand new Tardis. Bit exciting."

Delilah and Amy didn't respond, both girls running towards him. "Just had a quick hop to the moon and back to run her in. She's ready for the big stuff now," he continued knocking on the Tardis.