Distractions

You wake with a start, sweating and panting for breath, last night's nightmare still fresh on your mind. You look around and take in your surroundings remembering where you're at. Right, you're at Maria's house. With Carol, oh god Carol! Last night's kiss pops up in your mind and you reach out for her, only to find that the only thing there is air and ruffled sheets. You frown and get out of bed making your way to the bathroom to brush your teeth. Passing Monica on your way to the kitchen you smile and high five her.

"Morning Y/N. Aunt Carol is out on a jog, she told me to tell you there's coffee in the microwave for you and Advil on the counter if you need it. She also debated on cooking you breakfast but decided it would get cold by the time you wake up." Monica adds the last part with a wink. You blush, Carol was going to cook for me?

"Thanks Monica, and thank you for yesterday. I'm sorry to cut our trip short.." You trail off feeling guilty. Monica smiles at you and just shakes her head. She keeps walking and you watch until she's in her room. Once she's in her room you continue to the kitchen. You go to the microwave and notice Carol has already put in the time for the coffee. You smile and press start before you get a glass, pour some water and take the Advil she set out for you. Just as the microwave goes off Carol walks in with Maria.

"Good morning Y/N!" "Morning Y/N" They both say at the same time, panting for air. You smile at both of them and get your coffee. Carol runs her hand through her short hair and it catches your eye, she looks at you and smirks. You look away with a blush on your face, and watch as Maria gets a cup and fills it with water.

"Did you guys have a good run?" You ask, to distract yourself from.. whatever that was. Could Carol actually like me?? I mean... she DID kiss me last night... or did I kiss her? You can't seem to remember.

"Yeah! We ran four miles, it was a great workout. Sometimes I forget how fast Carol is." Maria laughs and punches Carol's shoulder. Carol fakes hurt and laughs along with her, her eye catching yours.

"It's not my fault you run like a turtle! Maybe you just need to learn to catch up instead of having me slow down!" Carol playfulls shoves Maria which causes Maria to shove her back. You laugh at the antics and catch Maria's eyes.

"So how did you sleep Y/N?" Maria asks you. Which would be totally fine if you hadn't kissed Carol the night before and to top it all of, fell asleep with her right beside you. You choke on your coffee and blush. And then remember the nightmare you had last night. Your face goes into an unreadable expression and you clear your throat.

"I slept fine. The bed here is very comfy, thank you for letting me crash here until the tower is rebuilt." You say looking down at the floor, missing Carol and Maria's expression of concern.

"That's good.. anyway, I was about to go flying, in case you wanted to join me?" Carol asks with a hopeful expression on her face. You smile gently and nod, setting down your coffee in the sink you go back to your room to get ready for the day. You throw on some black jeans with some rips at the knees and then get out your new pair of doc martens that Carol insisted on buying after she caught you looking at them. You take out a plain white shirt and your leather jacket that Carol set on the dresser. As you're going out to the living room you pass by Monica's room and hear her whispering to her mom. You strain to hear it but all you can hear is glimpses like "screaming... I don't... nightmare?" You tense up, they were talking about you.. had you really screamed? You don't remember.

"Hey! You ready to go?" Carol asked, cocking her head at you with a smile on her face. God you loved that smile. You smile back with a short yes and she takes your hand as you guys walk outside. She wraps her arms around you and looks in your eyes. "You ready?" She asks in confirmation. You nod and suddenly you guys are off the ground and Carol is warm and glowing. Wow, You think, She looks like a goddess.

                                   *~*~*~*