The Battle

“Hey Y/N, got something for me?” Captain Marvel ask smirking at you. You hesitate distracted by her blonde short hair and you stare into her eyes. After a few seconds of unintentionally staring you snap out of your trance and nod weakly, you then notice Thanos’s approaching army.

    “I don’t know how you’re going to get through all that..” You murmur quietly, looking up at her concerned. You hand her the infinity gauntlet, and your hands briefly touch.

“She’s got us.” four more female heroes show up and you recognize one as a warrior from Wakanda and another one as scarlet witch but you haven’t met the other one next although you want to meet her now because she’s on a freaking pegasus, then the last one is Tony’s wife!

“Be careful…” You say while locking eyes with her. She smirks and looks you up and down. Suddenly you feel self conscious about your leather jacket and shield logo shirt and ripped jeans.

“What, are you worried?” She says before charging into the army head first with the infinity gauntlet tucked safely under her arm. You shake your head laughing at how cocky she is. You then charge at the first soldier you see, taking on five at a time. You take on more than you normally would, knowing that the avengers need you to take on as much as you can.

Suddenly the warriors overwhelm you, tackling you to the ground they pin you beneath them and start punching you. You feel blood coming out of your nose and down your face. Everything starts to get blurry but then you see her. Carol is fighting off more than you ever could, you see her look over to you and falter for a second, letting her get tackled. She blast the warriors off her and then sends a blast your way, knocking off the warriors that were on you. You nod to her, silently saying your thanks. You get up and keep fighting, remembering how Carol came up and then just destroyed Thanos’s ship, remembering your family -the avengers-, remembering your friends, remembering all the people that need you to fight, that need you to protect their world.

Taking on four at a time you are quickly taking out the soldiers. You run over to where Captain Marvel is and see that Thanos is approaching. Screaming out for her you point to Thanos, she looks and tucks the gauntlet more securely under her arm. You run to Thanos and attack him, knocking him back for a second. He then takes you by your shirt and throws you into a rock. You hit it with a thud and it knocks the breath out of you. Gasping for air you see Thanos wrestling for the gauntlet from Captain Marvel. She blast him but he recovers and takes the gauntlet from her and puts it on his hand. She takes his hand, separating his fingers to prevent him from snapping and starts to blast him while staring at him in his eyes.

You gasp, still lying down watching the scene unfold. You see Thanos fighting back and he’s losing, Captain Marvel isn’t faltering. Thanos then tries to head butt her and she doesn’t even flinch. Your eyes widen and you release a breathe you didn't know you were holding when she just smirks at him. He then takes out the power stone and blast her with it, knocking her back into another rock. You scream and rush at him again with two things coursing through your mind save her and don’t let him snap. You attack him with all you have and he steps back a few steps but then laughs a cruel laugh that sends ice threw your veins and throws you off him again.

You look everywhere with pleading eyes, anybody, somebody try and stop him. Your eyes catch on Doctor Strange and see him hold up one, single finger directed at somebody. It dawns on you when you look at Tony that it was meant for him. He nods and runs to Thanos, attacking his hand but gets pushed back after a few seconds. You gasp, this can’t be happening, he can’t be winning again. Not after all that’s happened.

“I am… Inevitable.” Thanos says. He snaps but then nothing happens, he looks confused and you let out a breathe you didn’t know you were holding. You then realize that is Thanos doesn’t have the infinity stones, then that means…no. Tony lifts up his hand and gets the infinity stones, locking them into place he barely flinches. You look wide eyed at him and shake your head no but he doesn’t see you. He is only looking at Thanos.

“And I.. am… Iron man..” Tony says, he then snaps and you can see the pain on his face. Thanos’s army starts to fade and you let out a breath of relief but then regret it. It dawns on you that Tony is dead. Thanos sits down, accepting his defeat and watches his army disappear. You slowly get up and make your way over to Captain Marvel. You join her on the ground, helping her sit up.

“We won, we did it. Everybody’s back…” You trail off as you look over to Tony. “Well, almost everybody.” You say, remembering Natasha and Vision. You shake your head tears now filing you eyes. You will them not to fall and they don’t, not yet anyways. Captain Marvel looks at you but you don’t look back at her, you would cry if you do.

“Hey, Y/N, look at me.” She says putting a hand on your knee. You look at her hand and she goes to move it, but you stop her and put your hand on hers. You then look at her and see that she is okay, only a minor cut on her head but it can be healed with a bandage. “We did win. Tony knew the cost. It’s okay.” She says in an attempt to comfort you. You shake your head, letting a tear fall.

“What about Natasha? How will she know? What about his family? He has a five year old daughter. He has a wife. Peter, the Avengers.” You start rambling, looking back at Tony and seeing that he’s talking with Pepper now and not Peter. You then see him go still and his hand fall to his side. You sit there, numb. You can’t hear Captain Marvel talking to you even though you see her lips moving, you can’t hear the other avengers, you can’t feel Captain Marvels picking you up and carrying you to the remains of the avengers base, you shake your head and she nods.