i love you.

Hey guys i'm so sorry i haven't updated in forever but I have a new story called 25 other seats. I update that way more often if you want to check it out, I would appreciate it a lot. thanks for supporting me!! -KMH

it's been six months since you and carol have started dating and you couldn't be happier. you've started free therapy (curtesy of Fury) and are packing to move out of Maria's house, into your own apartment. you felt sad that the avengers tower wasn't getting rebuilt but you were also excited for a fresh start.

"why do you have to go aunt Y/N?? can't you just stay here with us?" Monica pleaded as you moved your clothes from the dresser into a box. your room was littered with full and half full boxes.

"i wish i could little one, but it's time i get my own place. i'm so grateful to you and your mom for letting me stay here for as long as i have, though." you said and hugged her. she started to cry into your chest and you stroked her hair as her sobs quieted down. she pulled back out of your embrace and gave you a smile, walking out of your room.

you continued packing until you hear a knock on your door frame. you looked up and saw your girlfriend, Carol, leaning against the door frame with a smile on her face.

"hey Y/N, got something for me?" Carol asked and you scoffed with a smile at her choice of words. you picked up the small box on your bed and went up to Carol. "if this is a proposal, i'm sorry but it's too early," Carol said, laughing.

"no stupid it's not a proposal... well... not in that sense," you say laughing. you take the box and hold it in front of you. "Carol, these past months have been amazing with you. i couldn't ask for a better girlfriend in my life. so, i was just wondering, if you would move in with me?" you asked, taking off the lid of the box and revealing a key. she gasped and you saw tears well up in her eyes.

"yes, yes of course baby," Carol said going to hug you. you both laughed as she spun you around in the room and then put you down. she takes the box from your hand and lets out a small chuckle at the design on the key. it's the logo on her suit.

"i love you." you say suddenly and she looks up to you in shock. her face then breaks out into a huge smile and she cups your face with her hand.

"i love you too Y/N" Carol says before gently bringing her lips to yours as you smile into the kiss. suddenly you both hear clapping coming from behind you, looking past carols shoulder, you scoff.

"sorry to interrupt, but the moving company called and said they could be here in a week, does that work for you both?" Maria said, lowering her camera. Carol turned around and faked betrayal, dramatically swinging her arm over her forehead.

"you knew?? how could you? i trusted you!" She exclaimed, moving her hand to her heart. Maria rolled her eyes and pushed Carols shoulder.

"Yes that works perfectly, thank you Maria, for everything," You added on. You couldn't help but laugh at Carols drama and the way she ran out of the room to go pack hers as well.

Ever since the final battle, you thought nothing would be okay again, but now, with her, everything is perfect.