No Children • Post

No Children- The Mountain Goats.

TW: little angst, religious trauma, homophobic slurs.

------------------------------------------------

"W-What..?" Techno mutters before awkwardly stumbling over his words "I'm not, who even told you that?! You really think I would- I-I could-"

The lies burned his throat. He felt like he was back in primary school again, hiding from the harrowing wounds just waiting to be left on any body part, inflicted by his parents; that's the punishment he deserved after thinking sinful thoughts.

Of course he deserved them. Pulling oneself away from the norms taught since youth is... atrocious to say the least. He could feel long lost wounds re-open themselves. Scalding water on his skin, cut marks across his back from his father's belt, scalp and ears feeling fragile and sensitive. It all hurt so bad, though luckily, after facing years upon years of "punishments well deserved", the blond could mask his pain extremely well.

"Calm down. I just... Philza said-"

Technoblade snapped, tired of the hooded man's continuous excuses.

"Oh so you're going to believe Philza instead of facing the actual source? I'm not a fucking fag, dude. That's it. End of story. Is that really why you've been so excruciatingly cold to me this whole time; because someone told you I liked dudes? I mean I get it, I would've...I-I don't know, but I definitely wouldn't have ignored my teenage-hood best friend! Seriously? Grow the fuck up."

That statement leaves Dream in shock. Complete and utter astonishment. Technoblade scoffed and pushed past the blond. Dream remains completely still.

"What the fuck was that supposed to mean, dickhead?" The hoodied man clenched his fists, hearing the footsteps beind him stop.

He continued after a deep inhale, "I asked you one question. I have never asked you once before about anything remotely close to your sexuality, and now that I say a word, you snap at me? And you have the audacity to call me childish? You dare tell me to grow up?" Dream hissed through gritted teeth and turned to face Techno again. "Calling yourself a faggot, but calling me childish? Are you fucking hearing yourself right now, you hypocrite? I asked you one question! It wasn't even that deep!"

Techno swallowed thickly. Maybe he was a bit harsh. He shakes the thought immediately. Dream should know at this point that it's a sensitive topic for him. He was always hesitant to talk about crushes and lovers, Dream should have taken the hint by now. Technoblade proceeded to take calming inhales, trying not to focus on the voices echoing in his head.

kill him. he did this to you, he deserves it. hurt him, hurt him badly. then phil. let him know the true meaning of payback. just do it. fill your mind with their suffering.

"Dream." The older begins "We haven't seen eachother in years, i understand..but really? You seriously don't remember? I've said it so many times before, don't talk about this shit with me-"

"I thought you've changed! Grown out of it at least!"

"Grown out of what? Trauma? Or discomfort?" Techno bites back quickly, calming himself in the mean time. "I'm straight. Okay? That's all there is to it. Don't trust Phil; I know I don't anymore."

"Don't trust Phil? He told me very little, almost nothing-"

"But it was enough for you to question me." He scoffed quietly. Techno felt the presence behind him move to his front; that same presence began muttering words of reasurement, while snaking his arms around Techno's middle. The taller hugged back hesitantly.

"I missed you, old friend."

"I missed you too." he whispered in response, burying his face in the other's dirty golden locks.

_______________________
hope you enjoyed, my buttercups!

~author