loosing face • Post

loosing face~ Wilbur
-------------------
Dream approached Techno reluctantly. Around an hour before this, everyone but the two had left to go shopping. Technoblade kindly refused the offer of going out in lashing rain, in 0°C, while Dream blankly responded with "can't" when he was asked to go.

As Techno sipped his lukewarm Lipton tea, he felt a cold presence in the room. It was as if suddenly, a hurl of wind stroked his back softly and ruffled his hair; his heart almost came to a stop as the owner of said presence cleared their throat. The blond put his Harry Potter themed mug down on the counter top and almost casually turned to look at the unknown presence. The man wore an old, dark green hoodie and a face mask. Dirty blond hair peeked from under the hood, freckles were barely visible across the bridge of his nose and upper cheeks. His eyes caught Techno's almost instantly.

After a long moment of silence and lingering eye contact, Technoblade spoke.

"You don't have to wear it around me, I've seen your f-"

"I'm aware." Suddenly, millions of forgotten memories became unlocked in his mind. Shared laughs and cries; though he didn't think about them much in that moment. "What you're doing is dangerous."

"....Uhhh what am I doing?"

The dirty-blond raised an eyebrow -even with a face mask, Techno saw those unimpressed, slightly pursed lips.

"Oh. Right." He sighed

"You haven't been sleeping properly. Why?"

His voice was so bland. Most definitely not how Techno remembered it. All the talks he'd gotten from his friends were different. Soft, caring, warm. This was anything but. The blond thought of a response, but decided on shrugging instead. Now, it was the hooded man's turn to sigh.

"Your friends are worried about you."

"Are you one of them?"

Dream remains silent for a couple of minutes.

"What's been going on? You've been so distant from me lately, it's unfair. You talk to everyone like it's nothing, but proceed to ignore me whenever I kindly attempt to start a conversation and not only is that rude, but it fucking hurts, dude." Technoblade said in one, slightly angered, breath. He took a deep inhale. "Just tell me why. Or what I did."

"Can't tell you. It's not important anyways; what's important is your health right now. Why haven't you been sleeping or anything-"

"Because of you! Fucking idiot, it's because of you! We used to be best friends, what happened to that?! What happened to dyeing our hair at 3am?!..I just miss you." Techno runs his fingers through his thick, mid-length hair.

"I-..." the boy takes a deep inhale. "Shit's been going on and yeah I miss you too but people have been telling me stuff about us and-"

"Stuff about us?!"

"Mostly you, but yes."

"What kind of stuff?"

Both boys take a long pause, until the braver speaks.
"Just say it."

"...You're gay, aren't you?"

The world seemed to come to a stop. The air turned cold again as Technoblade's eyes widen dramatically. Who told him? Who even knew? He only ever told Phil, but there's no way his childhood best-friend would do that to him....would he?

----------------------

I have e x a m s

sorry for late post :(

-author