| f o u r |

"did he call you yet?" jeno handed you a glass of wine and he took a sip of his beer, sitting down on the couch beside you. you took a sip as well, sighing content before looking at jeno, his question registering in your brain, "who, jaemin?"

"who else?" that made you shrug. then you shook your head, no, he hadn't. jeno had a few days ago when jaemin visited to see if your apartment felt like home, made the two of you exchange numbers. he did it so you could discuss the details, that was if jaemin even wanted to move in. jeno hummed at your response and you circled your hand with the wineglass, staring at the dark red liquid as it moved in circles with your hand.

"if i'm lucky he'll decline and i can ask my study group if they know anyone looking for an ap-" you cut yourself off with a sigh as your phone began buzzing. the one sitting beside you snickered at you, mumbling into his can, "looks like he has other plans."

"hello?" ignoring jeno's words you picked up the phone, putting your wineglass down onto the table in front of you.

"i'd like to hear some details about the apartment. it's jaemin by the way." jaemin's voice reached your ears, and you let out a small hum in response, muttering that you knew it was him. your muttering made him chuckle slightly.

"i already sent you an email regarding the bills and all the practical stuff, so what do you even want details on?" you hadn't told him beforehand that you'd send him the information, but he had given you his email along with his phone number last time. if he did that, you'd have expected him to check it. "who even writes emails? i hadn't seen it, but i guess i'll take a look."

"i do, and you were the one who gave me your email, god. also told you which bills i pay and when i pay them. if you want some more information about the apartment complex in general, just ask." it was as if you could feel him smirk as he spoke up, "i only heard you calling me a god."

jeno couldn't hear much of the conversation, but he saw you pinch the bridge of your nose. he could hear the laugh from the other side of the phone as you sighed into it, and he could only guess that jaemin had said something stupid.

"okay, on a more serious note, are you allowed to have pets?" on a serious note, he had said. that wasn't a serious question! at least not that serious. when you told him that he had gasped into the phone, almost offended by what you had said. before he could go on a rant about the importance of that question you answered it, "depends on the pet. fish? sure. monkey? no. dog? needs approval from the landlord, but most likely yes."

"would you be interested in getting a dog?" his question made you think. did you want to have a dog? did you even have the time and patience to raise a dog if jaemin moved in? jaemin tested your patience enough already. "could maybe be convinced yes. but i'd need some pretty good reasons."

it was silent on the other line for some seconds and you downed the rest of the wine in your glass, giving jeno a thankful look as he placed the bottle of wine on the table. he had just went into the kitchen, getting himself another beer and decided to bring some wine with him. after pouring yourself a glass of wine and taking a sip, jaemin finally spoke up again.

"what do you look for in a roommate?" you stilled. then you glanced over at jeno. anyone resembling jeno would be ideal, he had been the best roommate you could've dreamed off. at your eyes staring at him, jeno tilted his head, his lips mouthing a 'what?'. you shook your head, brushing him off.

"someone who pays their part of the rent and the bills, gives me the space i need sometimes, doesn't pull weird parties without me knowing.. helps with the chores and helps keep the apartment nice and clean." you said, thinking hard about any other things. after a few seconds you let out a hum of satisfaction. that was about it.

"sounds fair." jaemin almost purred into the phone, and it made you wonder if he could speak like a normal person - he very often changed his voice when talking. it was silent on the other line for some moments, and you cleared your throat, "anything else?"

you lifted the glass to your lips after speaking, taking a gulp of the so very good drink, and then he asked his next question, "so when can i begin moving in?" you choked on your wine. jeno moved to your side quickly, patting and hitting your back as you coughed the stinging feeling in your throat away. on the other side of the call, jaemin heard the coughing, raising his eyebrows slightly. were you dying? just before he could ask you that you apologized into the phone, telling him his words greatly surprised you.

"but for real? like legit?" your throat was still kinda itchy from the coughing so you cleared it once more, before downing the rest of the glass. that was two glasses of wine while you were on the phone with jaemin. a hum left jaemin, "of course, kitten, i'd love to have daily feuds with you."

"kitten? that's a new one." you saw jeno roll his eyes at your response. it wasn't exactly hard to guess the context.

"you like it? does it make your heart skip a beat? kitten~" you made a sound as if you were throwing up, and jeno snickered at your reaction despite not actually knowing why you did what you did. a small sound of disappointment left jaemin at your negative reaction, "don't be like that kitten. don't you have a cute pet name for me? after all you'll be seeing me a lot."

"how about.. fuckface?" your response came immediately, and if you had to be honest, your own response surprised you slightly. you had not meant to say that. at least not immediately. this time it was jeno's turn to choke slightly on what he was drinking, wheezing at your response followed by your own shocked face. jaemin clicked his tongue, a large grin spreading out on his face, "tsk, unoriginal."

"listen here you little- ugh. listen, jeno starts moving his things out tomorrow, you can start moving in then." you rubbed your face, contemplating chugging another glass of wine. jaemin answered almost immediately, "that's a plan, kitten."

"call me that one more time and i will kick you." you grumbled.

"do you want me to remind you of how well you did in pe in high school?" you were going to drink the whole bottle of wine, right then and there if he continued being like this. jeno must have read your mind as he grabbed the bottle, walking back into the kitchen to put it back into its place. instead of humoring him by talking back, you chose to be mature, "tomorrow at 4, got it?"

"got it chubby bunny." being mature never worked with jaemin. mentally he was still 15, so maturity was not going to help you against him. how you were going to survive this was as of now, a mystery.

"i am only doing this because i need someone to pay the other half of the rent." you told him, not expecting his chuckle in return.

"trust me, kitten. i'm not doing this because i want to either." you rolled your eyes and decided to give him the last words as you hung up. throwing the phone down onto the couch you rubbed your temples. your eyes had shut as you massaged your head, and when you opened them again you got eye contact with jeno. he made a face, silently asking what happened. you scrunched up your nose.

"na jaemin is my new roommate."