| f i v e |

the actual moving part wasn't as exhausting as you had feared. jaemin was uncharacteristically serious and focused about moving in. you wish you could say the same thing about him after he had moved in however..

"how is it?" jeno asked you, and you stared at him through your computer screen, before your gaze landed on your roommate who was making coffee in the kitchen. how was it living with jaemin? it was amazing and he was the best roommate ever! you were never bickering or arguing about anything, and he had completely dropped his teasing!

you wished you could say that..

"i'm not that bad!" jaemin shouted, seemingly having heard jeno's question. at that you clicked your tongue, your focus landing on jeno once more, "he doesn't know how to put the dishes in the dishwasher."

"that's a lie, and you know it!" jeno laughed at jaemin's outburst, but you simply rolled your eyes. it had been the very first thing the two of you bickered over ever since becoming roommates - how to put the fucking dishes in the dishwasher.

"what the fuck?" you mumbled to yourself, seeing the dishes basically thrown into the dishwasher. that dude was 20! at that age you'd at least expect someone to know how to put their dishes in the dishwasher! a loud sigh left you as you stared at the mess in the washer, and the culprit of the mess walked in just as you sighed. upon hearing the sound of annoyance leaving you, jaemin made a 180 degree turn to leave the kitchen, but you called out to him.

"na jaemin, please do enlighten me. what is this crap?" he stopped dead in tracks on his way out, and turned around. jaemin joined you, staring at the dishwasher. he nodded, pretending to think deeply for a second before he snapped his fingers, "that, kitten, is a dishwasher. you know, a machine, you do know what those are right-?" a squeak left him as you smacked his shoulder.

"smartass, what the fuck do you think i'm talking about?" jaemin took some time to stare at the dishwasher. he actually took his sweet time to think about your question. no, he didn't see anything wrong with what he had done, he had simply put the dishes in the dishwasher, as he should. the one standing beside you crossed his arms, and then he shook his head, "if i have to be completely honest, i have no fucking clue."

a groan left you as you steadied the dishes, making more room for other dishes. that only made him shrug, "we don't even use that many dishes, so when we start the washer there's lots of space. i don't see a reason for putting them like that."

"well, i don't see a reason why we can't optimize the space anyways!" when he didn't answer, you came to the conclusion you won the argument. jaemin rolled his eyes at your smug expression, grabbing the juice from the fridge he had planned on getting when he first walked into the kitchen.

"y/n is very serious about optimizing the space in the dishwasher, jaemin." jeno spoke from the laptop, and jaemin snorted, sitting down beside you on the couch so jeno could see him now as well. as jaemin placed down a mug with coffee in front of you on the table, you raised your eyebrows at him. he only raised his hands at your suspicious look, "look, i made you a latte to be a good roommate, but since you're so scared i'll poison you, you don't have to drink it, kitten."

narrowing your eyes you slowly sipped the latte, widening them right after at the surprisingly good taste. the sight made jaemin roll his eyes, and jeno laughed out loud from the computer. "yeah, i know it's good, but don't think this will be a normal thing." jaemin grumbled, taking a gulp of his black coffee.

"how do you like living with her, jaems?" jeno asked jaemin this time, and the latter shrugged. "it's a very nice apartment, and it's often nice and clean. she'sa quite good cook, but for some odd reason she expects me to be able to read her mind." you knew exactly what incident he thought of when he said those words, and a groan left you.

"i told you to just forget the damn thing!" even though you wished jaemin would keep quiet about the incident, you knew that now jeno's curiosity was piqued, he'd tell him. jaemin took another gulp of coffee, sighing content before getting into the story.

"did you eat the leftovers?" you stuck your head into jaemin's room, and the man in question took off his headphones, giving you a confused look. he had been sitting by his table when you stuck your head into his room, his side had been turned to the hallway, and he had seen you out of the corners of his eyes. obviously he hadn't heard the question, so you repeated it to him. a puzzled look appeared on his face, and he nodded slowly, "yeah?"

"but i told you last night that i was saving them." you clicked your tongue, and jaemin blinked at you. he was sitting in his office chair, using his foot to move it from side to side, and you stood against his doorway, head leaning against it and arms crossed. jaemin used all his braincells, really, but he could not recall you saying anything like that yesterday.. the only thing he vividly remembers you telling him is that he had to put the dishes in the dishwasher correctly. other than you telling him that, you told him nothing special.

"like, no you legit did not, kitten." he shook his head. this time you blinked at him, and he only returned your confused look with an equally as confused look. you could swore you had told him - you had at least thought about it! he raised his eyebrows at you, a smug grin spreading out on his lips as you kept quiet. you stuttered out a response, refusing to let him win the argument, "o-oh well, you could've at least asked me, i was the one who made dinner yesterday after all."

"i did ask if you wanted me to make dinner yesterday, but you're apparently scared i'll poison you." he said matter-of-factly about to put his headphones on again, but he paused as he heard you scoff.

"literally, i am not!" you responded, eyes wandering around his room instead of keeping them locked with his, an indication that you were running out of things to say. he had over time learned that when you were running out of things to say your eyes began wandering and flickering.

"back to the problem. you didn't tell me, so how should i have known that you wanted it?" he lifted himself up from the chair and took a few steps in your direction. he tilted his head at you rather condescendingly as you pressed your lips into a thin line.

"oh, well- i-"

"exactly~ to me it sounds like you're trying to make excuses to fight with me, kitten." he purred, his fingers grabbing your chin, pulling it up a bit. you reacted fast, pushing him away from you and back into his room. the grin didn't leave his face as he dropped back into his chair. jaemin held himself back from commenting on your red ears and cheeks, even though it was real tempting.

"that is so not true, oh my god." you had mumbled mostly to yourself, but jaemin had heard you anyways, "you called?" you couldn't be disappointed or surprised anymore. he just exhausted you now, and every time that happened it was always best to just stop bickering with him. you rubbed your face, sighing into your hands before looking up at his smirking face staring directly at you.

"actually, just forget everything." you groaned, turning around to leave him alone before you did something that could give you jailtime. as you walked down the hallway you heard his laugh echo through the apartment as well as the words, "will do, chubby bunny."

"well, you don't make it easy on her, jaemin. how can you just not read her mind? that's very wrong of you." jeno said after jaemin's story, and you sent him a glare through the screen. your best friend only responded to your glare with a smile. "anyways, are we still on for tomorrow?" jeno changed the subject much to your relief. aha, you had almost forgotten, movie marathon. nonetheless, you nodded, as did jaemin.

"we just need to clean before you get here tomorrow." at your words jaemin scrunched up his nose, not exactly excited about having to spend his saturday cleaning the apartment. at his reaction you elbowed his side, him groaning at the harsh contact before cheering, "yay cleaning."

jeno laughed at your interactions, "just don't destroy the apartment."