| f i f t e e n |

clink

you froze right outside your room, having left it to get a glass of water at almost 1 am, the argument with the male having made it extremely difficult to fall asleep. slowly, you took another step in the direction of the kitchen, freezing yet again when you heard another sound from it. there was no way jaemin was awake at this hour, he had no reason to be!

you had to be hearing things. yes, that was it! you were going crazy, because there really was no reason to be in the kitchen at this hour.

oh, you had wished so dearly that you were going crazy, but you weren't.

jaemin was sitting by the dinner table, and you stopped walking to stare at him, his face not compeltely visible as the kitchen light only lit up the place that much. he must have been deep in thought, because he didn't acknowledge your presence - maybe he was ignoring you? because how couldn't he acknowledge you as you stood almost directly in front of him? you doubted he was that blind even with the dim light.

he drank from the mug and you spoke up, "you shouldn't drink coffee at this hour."

at the sudden voice, he flinched, okay, maybe he really was that blind. his eyes turned to look at you, and you got a clear look of his familiar features. if you had to be honest, it looked like he hadn't slept in weeks. you narrowed your eyes at the sight of him, how was it possible to look that tired in just a few hours? had he not blinked for the last couple of hours at all?

"does it really look like i care? be completely honest with me." he said, his hand moving up as he asked that, and you pressed your lips together in a line. you simply replied, "sorry."

with his lifted hand he gestured towards the chair in front of him, and you pulled it out, almost cringing at the way it squeaked against your floor in your quiet apartment. you sat down and not even a second after, jaemin spoke again, "is it because of what jieun said? you don't think i'm just trying to get an easy fuck out of you, right?"

you had to admit that what she had said had made you doubt his sincerity just a tiny bit. you should know better, you really should, but his confession had shocked you to say the least. slowly, without really realizing it before it was too late, you shook your head, "no, it's just.. it's so very sudden, don't you think? we've been at each other's throats for so long, i just.. i don't get it? when did you fall in love?"

a small laugh left him, you couldn't pinpoint whether it was forced or it was because he was tired, but there wasn't much happiness behind it. he didn't say anything until he had downed the rest of his coffee, finishing it with a sigh. jaemin finally replied, "back in our second year of high school, i noticed that when you got annoyed, you'd scrunch up your nose a bit, and your eyes would narrow. after that you would bite back with whatever you could. i absolutely loved it. i loved to get a reaction like that out of you."

you took a deep breath, trying to take it all in, and you tried to keep yourself from reacting too much when he moved his chair to the side of the table where you were sitting. the two of you were now sitting beside each other, and you turned towards him, finally finding the words that described what you actually thought in that moment:

"i don't quite follow."

jaemin let out another laugh, this one sounding more real and genuine than the last. he leaned back against his chair as he spoke again, "i didn't understand why i loved it, and then i did something completely embarrassing, i don't- i don't remember what it was, but it made you laugh. i realized then- right then, i just loved your attention."

you didn't say anything to that, figuring he had more to say. you were right.

"however, it was much easier to get you riled up and mad at me than make you like me, i guess. some point i think i got confused by my own feelings and maybe a bit scared, because.. love terrifies the living shit out of me. so, what better way to hide my love than to make it seem like i hate you?"

that was kind of stupid. and kind of cliché as well. you were sure you had read a fanfiction somewhere about this exact trope. fake-enemies to lovers or something like that. shaking your head, you threw your fanfiction thoughts out of your head. it wasn't the best time to be thinking about fanfiction tropes.

"that's kinda stupid. are all boys this dumb-" he placed a finger on top and under your lips, pressing them shut so you couldn't finish what you were saying. jaemin's lips curled up into a tiny smirk at the way your eyes widened. even in the dim light, there was a clear color change in your face as well. he let go as he continued speaking, "yeah, stupid, i know, so just shush."

you puffed out a breath of air, keeping your mouth shut to let him speak. he took a deep breath, "i saw you crying earlier and it just- it made me want to cry as well. i don't like to see you cry. it was extremely bad timing when i confessed, because i can clearly see why you'd doubt the sincerity. but here i am again, after a cold shower, mind you, with the same confession of love from earlier."

should you laugh? or cry? you should definitely do something, or at the very least say something. but you couldn't. the words simply wouldn't come out. na jaemin, the man you had hated, or at least the man you thought you hated for years, your roommate, the man you had shared so much bickering and so many fights with - he was in love with you. the man who had teased and picked on you so much that you had been near tears sometimes, he was in love with you.

"this is a lot, i don't know what i feel right now.." jaemin nodded, giving you a small smile, his reaction this time much calmer than earlier. his hand reached out to grab yours, and you hesitantly let him take it.

"understandable, but i have a suggestion, let me kiss you-" what? you furrowed your eyebrows, pulling your hand back towards yourself as you cut him off, "na jaemin-" 

he swiftly reached out, grabbing your hand once again, his grip a bit more firm than before. there was a stupid grin on his face, "i understand your surprise, but let me try. you can see how you feel afterwards."

this man- it was a horrible idea, and you would never agree to something as stupid as that. but if it was so stupid, why was something inside you tingling at the thought of it? jaemin was staring at you expectantly, his eyes wider than before. he didn't look as tired either. you rubbed your face with your free hand, and when he gave your hand a small squeeze, you gave in.

"i- fucking hell, fine, what's the worst thing that can happen?" jaemin let out a small cough, trying to hide the excitement he was feeling. the male shrugged, "well, you could hate it and me, and it could get extremely awkward-"

his words only earned him a light kick to the shin from you, and he let out a sound of surprise, cutting himself off. you were slowly starting to recognize the idiot of a man sitting in front of you.

"shut the fuck up, do you want a kiss or what?"

jaemin smirked, moving his head closer.

"oh, kitten, you don't know how long i've wanted a kiss."

and there he was. good old jaemin with the bad nicknames. you scoffed, pulling yourself out of his grip before moving your head closer as well, your foreheads now mere centimeters away from each other.

"kiss me then, you bitch." jaemin chuckled lowly at your rather aggressive whispering before grabbing your face with both his hands.

then he kissed you.