Chapter 5

Both the blonds were about to make there way inside the house when Carmen stopped.

"Hello Johnny! Jessica" She said greeting them.

"Hi Ms. Diaz" Jessica said greeting her back. Johnny just waved at her.

"Um I was wondering if you guys wanted to join us for dinner" She said pointing to the door.

"Oh no! We don't want to intrude you guys" Johnny said shaking his head no. That kind of made Jessica a little sad because she knows she gonna have to eat slim jims for dinner.

"It's fine. Come on." Carmen said making Johnny nod and Jessica being happy. They all made there way to Carmen's apartment. She opened the door for them and they all went inside. We saw Miguel and his yaya sitting and eating. Miguel smiled at Jessica while she smiled.

"Look who is here and we have guest." Miguel's grandma said in Spanish.

"Mmh it smells good. You guys can sit down." Carmen said offering us to sit down. Jessica sat down next to her dad and Miguel and Johnny sat next to Carmen.

"I made chicken in chili sauce" Miguel's yaya said in Spanish. Johnny looked at Carmen and then at Miguel's confusedly.

"What did she say?" Johnny asked confused.

"She said she made chicken in chili sauce dad!" Jessica said smiling while all of them looked at her surprised.

"Since when do you speak Spanish?" Miguel asked acting so surprised.

"Um let's just say that Spanish class really helped me a lot" Jessica said smiling to Miguel as he smiled back. Miguel's yaya got up and served all of them.

"Sorry I'm late again. Things are crazy at the hospital." Carmen said as she was sitting down.

"It's ok. Your short-staffed but lucky we saved you some food." Miguel said as Jessica couldn't help but smile at Miguel of how understanding sweet he is. Then his yaya gave us all plates.

"Thank you mama" Carmen said.

"Thank you" Jessica said giving Miguel's yaya a smile. She gave one to Johnny who just nodded. Then she sat down.

"So, did you decide what you're going as for the Halloween dance?" Carmen asked Miguel making him look at her.

"Well, I was thinking Deadpool but the costume's a little pricey." Miguel said while looking at Jessica.

"Well, how much is it?" Carmen asked him while grabbing her fork.

"Oh it doesn't have to be Deadpool" Miguel shaking his head no.

"You want a Deadpool costume? We'll make you a Deadpool costume." Carmen said pointing to Miguel's yaya. Everyone giggle a little. Then Miguel's yaya chuckled.

"No. This isn't a sweatshop" That made Jessica smile a little. She was happy on this family would try there best to get what they needed when they didn't have the money. They all laughed at Miguel's yaya.

"And Jessica. What are you going for the dance?" Carmen asked Jessica making her clean her mouth with the napkin.

"Um I was thinking as going as a angel." Jessica said making Carmen smile and Miguel smirk a little. Carmen asking Jessica made her feel like Carmen was her mom caring for her.

"Oh miggy what happened to you hand?" Carmen asked Miguel looking at his knuckle realizing it was bruised. He looked at his yaya, then at Johnny and lastly to Jessica. Jessica knew what it was from.

"You don't want to know" Miguel's yaya said making Miguel smirk a little and the blondies snicker a little.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------——————