Hugs by a warm fire

Dream POV

i got closer to my house, that feeling of forgetting something creeping back in. i looked at my house. 

well the remains of my house.

it was on fire.

i stayed there shocked for a moment.

what do i do?

my parents are in there

i call the fire department.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

all i could see was flames and flashing lights. the heat of my house warmed the air. another ambulance pulled up to the drive. i turn around to see someone on a stretcher being carried out of the burning ashes. i could feel my heart beating fast, i felt a lump in my throat, my head was foggy. i heard the familiar ringing of my phone and answered before looking at who it was,, just desperate to forget about the situation he was in. "c-clay?" i heard the sniffling voice of george on the other line. was he crying?  "hey, are you ok? what happened?" i asked him trying to be reassuring. george explained to me that his mother had hurt him. he told he that he didn't know why. i kept listening to george but got distracted when a disappointed voice from the ambulance called out, "she's gone." i tried to keep listening to george but i started crying. proper crying. tears falling down my face, down my chin and making a wet puddle on my t-shirt.

my mum was gone. and it was my fault.

"clay?" george said with worry in his voice. i couldn't answer him though, i was screaming. it was a pain i had never felt before. it hurt my heart, physically. i don't know how but it felt like someone had ripped out my heart. "i'm coming over." i heard a firm george say through the phone. the phone hung up and i threw it on the floor. i sat on my knees, crying. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i felt a gentle hand place on my shoulder. i turned around to see george in front of me. he was clearly worried about me crying in front of ashes where my house used to be. "i left the oven on when we went out." i whispered through sobs. Arms wrap around me similar to how my arms wrapped around george earlier. we sat there crying into each other arms until the sun had set. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i had spent the night at George's house, i slept in the spare room and his mum drove us to school the next day. i really didn't want to go but i really didn't have a choice. once we arrived at school george said goodbye and went off with his giant group of friends. part of had thought that he might stay with me today. i sat down by myself scrolling through my phone. after a while i headed to lessons and started the school day yet again. I sat in maths class staring at george the whole time again. i told myself i wouldn't get distracted but one more day of staring won't hurt. "please work in groups of threes, i will let you choose your groups this time." although i didn't know what we were doing i was determined to work with george. i looked back at him, hoping to get his attention only seeing him high-fiving two other boys.

guess he already has a group then.

i looked around and i was the only one not in a group. nothing new there. i went p to the teacher and told him. "well since all the other group are full you can work by yourself." i nodded sadly and went to sit back in my seat. "sir? can clay work with us?" george yelled. i was surprised but pleasantly surprised, just hoping the teacher would say yes. "ok sure" the teacher replied not entirely bothered about who works with who. i walked over to a smiling george with my own smile plastered on my face. 

as i sat down the other two boys looked at each other. they clearly didn't want me working with them. we did the work after i found out what it was. we worked quickly and it went by at a reasonable speed before the bell rang. there was the scraping of chairs and grabbing of bags and everyone filed out of the small door in an unorganised way. i reached my locker and went to open it. a piece of pink paper slowly fell down to the floor. i picked it up to see messy handwriting scrawled on it in green pen.