Chapter Four

Andy's pov
We had just finished eating breakfast when Maya stood up. "Andy can we talk outside please?" She said, and I agreed, confused.
"What's wrong? Did something happen?" I asked when we were far enough away from the beanery.
"I don't know, you tell me," she said in a teasing voice. I had a feeling I knew what she was going on about now, but I decided to play dumb. I couldn't tell anyone about what happened between Robert and I, not even Maya. If anyone found out, we could both loose our jobs.
"What do you mean?" I said, pretending I was still as confused as before.
"You know exactly what I mean," she said, looking at me pointedly.
"Maya, I have no clue what you're talking about," I said defensively.
"You didn't come home last night," she stated.
"Uh, I know. I slept at the station," I said, and I was telling the truth. Just not the whole truth.
"Mmm I figured. Where though?" She said.
"In my bunk? Where else would I sleep?" I said sarcastically.
"I don't know, maybe in someone else's bunk. Sullivan's, perhaps," she suggested.
"Maya! I didn't sleep with Sullivan!" I whisper shouted.
"I don't believe you," she said.
"Believe what you want, I didn't sleep with him," I lied.
"If you say so," she laughed, before walking off.
"I didn't!" I shouted after her but she just carried on walking. I knew that Maya still had her suspicions, but there was nothing I could say that would change that. At least I know that Maya won't tell anyone.
I was about to follow her up to the beanery when Robert walked around the corner. "Hey, what was that about?" He asked, looking worried.
"She wanted to know why I didn't come home last night. I just said I slept at the station, which isn't exactly a lie," I told him, and we both smiled.
"That's okay then. I've got to get on with some paperwork. Um, I was wondering if you wanted to come over to my place after shift," he asked nervously, and I smiled.
"I'd love that. I'll have to think of something to tell Maya but that shouldn't be too hard," I said. We smiled at each other, before going off in opposite directions.
*five minutes before the end of shift*
"19 good work today. Next shift we'll be doing drills, assuming there's no big calls," Robert shouted across the barn and we all groaned.
"Come on, let's go Andy," Maya said, after we'd all gotten our stuff from the lockers.
"Actually, I'm gonna stick around for a bit. I'm staying at my dads tonight so I wanna get a bit of peace and quiet before I get bombarded with questions about what's been going on here since he left," I lied.
"Oh, okay. I'll see you tomorrow then," Maya said, seemingly believing me.
"Yup, bye," I said, before walking off. When I was sure everyone was gone, I went up to Robert's office and knocked on the door.
"Come in," I heard him shouting from the other side. When I walked in, he was sat with his back to me, sorting through some files. Holding in a giggle, I snuck over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. I put my head on his shoulder and kissed his neck.
"Hey, I missed you," I whispered.
"I missed you too, you ready to go?" Robert replied and I nodded. Just as we were about to leave the office, Robert kissed me quickly, before taking my hand and walking to his car.
*skip to the next morning*
I woke up in Robert's bed and smiled. I'd ended up spending the night there, and we'd had a great time. Soon both of our alarms went off, so we had to get up and ready for shift. "I wish we could just call in sick and stay here all day," I muttered sleepily.
"Me too, but that would be a bit suspicious don't you think, both of us being sick at the same time," Robert laughed and I nodded.
Soon, we were ready to go. I had to go with Robert in his car seeing as we'd left work together yesterday, but he was going to drop me off round the corner from the station so I could just say I walked from my dads.
When I got to the station, a few minutes after Robert, I headed straight to the beanery. "Hey guys," I said, as I grabbed a box of cereal and sat down. As I suspected, Robert was in his office, rather than eating breakfast with the team. For a few minutes we talked and ate breakfast, before Robert called us for line up.
After line up, we were doing chores when I felt someone walk up behind me. I turned to see my dad stood there, and I gulped nervously. This wasn't going to be good, not after he heard me in Robert's shower yesterday. "Morning dad, what are you doing here?" I asked, even though I had a pretty good idea.
"Andrea we need to talk," he said sternly. This is worse than I thought, he only calls me Andrea when he's really mad.
"It'll have to wait, I need to finish checking the aid car inventory," I said.
"Warren come over here a second," he shouted, seeing Ben walk past. He walked over,  a confused look on this face. "Warren I need to talk to my daughter, so will you please finish doing inventory for her."
"Dad, I can do it myself. Whatever it is you need to talk to me about, it can wait," I snapped, annoyed that he wanted to talk to me while I was at work.
"No Andrea, it can't, we are talking now, whether you like it or not. You can either come with me and talk about it in the beanery or we can talk here in front of everyone, it's up to you," he said, and I groaned.
"Fine, beanery it is. Ben, are you okay to finish the inventory for me please?" I asked.
"Uh, yeah, that's fine," Ben said, looking between me and my dad, confused. I followed my dad up to the beanery in silence, dreading the conversation that was about to happen.