Chapter 19

Lucky for them, Miyamoto and Bakugo had made it back to the classroom before the bell, and she was able to tell their group that everything was fine and it was sorted out. It made the rest of the day easier to go through as well.

The tension that had built up for over a week between the two had finally been put to rest.

That evening, Miyamoto had gone to Aizawa's room to talk to him about the mall. She just wanted him to be aware of where she would be, but Aizawa thought it was a good opportunity for Miyamoto to think about the things she liked for herself.

Aizawa ended up giving her a credit card, a coy grin on his face as he said it was tied to the U.A. account. She was given instructions to find items that would be useful for the training camp, but Aizawa gave her another instruction, which was to find something not for training that Miyamoto liked and told her to buy it. 

"Consider this an allowance," Aizawa had said. "I trust your judgement."

And now, Miyamoto stood with the rest of her classmates at Kiyashi Ward Shopping Mall. Mina had told Miyamoto to dress cute or casual for the mall, but since Miyamoto didn't know exactly what she meant by that, she put together an outfit last minute.

She had a skirt with tights underneath to cover her legs, and a long sleeved blouse to keep her arms covered. Her hair naturally covered the scar on her neck, so she didn't have to worry about that.

But it was summer.

And she was uncomfortable.

"You're dressed for fall!" Mina laughed. "You should've worn shorts or something."

"I'm sorry," Miyamoto mumbled. "This was all I had."

The large group ended up talking about where they wanted to shop, what they wanted to buy, and things of that nature. 

Miyamoto was tugged along by Mina and Kirishima, following the two of them as they started going to different parts of the mall. 

Everything was so new and strange for her; Miyamoto had never been in a mall before. It was overwhelming, and if it weren't for the two friends around her, Miyamoto knew she would've panicked.

The three of them went to store after store, perusing different items they could use for camp. Miyamoto ended up buying some practical things like bug spray and sunscreen. She also found really nice workout clothes that were long-sleeved; she bought a shirt and long pants.

It was weird to her that a transaction could occur between a plastic card and the machine it ran through to transfer money. 

Even though she had been through the basics of how society worked, there was a lot that still didn't make sense to her. She was in awe with almost everything she came into contact with. 

Mina ended up telling Kirishima to shop somewhere else and dragged Miyamoto into a store that Mina claimed to be for "females only".

There were tons of bras and underwear that Miyamoto found flashy and outrageously expensive. Something in the back of her mind tugged at her, telling her this wasn't the type of indulgence Aizawa had said to buy for. 

Miyamoto merely stood by and quietly supported Mina as she tried on a few different styles, before Mina got what she wanted and left the store. 

The next store was a cute store filled with trinkets, stuffed toys, and things of that nature. Mina told Miyamoto she would be right back before she went off to look for something specific, leaving Miyamoto to peruse the aisles by herself.

There was so many things Miyamoto found that were really cute to her. Two things caught her eye: one was a small stuffed dog that was fluffy and white. Her eyes were twinkling as she picked it up off the shelf. Miyamoto had never had a stuffed animal before.