Chapter 44

A few days had passed since Katsumi visited Aizawa and Kirishima in the hospital. All of her fellow classmates had returned since then, and they were all healed up and recuperated from the attack.

They had come back last night, and Katsumi was glad to see all the students had waited for them to get there. But shortly afterwards, Bakugo and Todoroki left the groups, claiming they had to prepare themselves for their classes. 

Katsumi had nearly forgotten they had to take the extra classes to get their licenses since neither of them had passed the first exam. 

Because of that, Katsumi ended up having to excuse herself early, since Bakugo would end up needing to come to her room because of Aizawa's orders. 

It was still a little odd, having Bakugo sleep in her room every night, but it wasn't uncomfortable. There was just a small tension that existed between them that neither one seemed to want to address. But Katsumi was fine with that, for now. 

She woke up with Bakugo the next morning. Katsumi had felt him stir, and only woke up because he let out a curse when he accidentally kicked the chair in her room as he walked around in the dark.

"Katsuki?"

"Damn, sorry," he grumbled. "Go back to sleep. It's Saturday."

"But you're leaving."

"That doesn't matter, I'll be back. So sleep."

Katsumi found herself sitting up in bed, sleepily rubbing her eye. "No, I'm okay. I have things I need to do today."

Bakugo looked back at her and let out a sigh. He realized nothing he would say could make her go back to sleep, no matter how tired she was. Instead, he turned on the light so he didn't have to walk around in the dark anymore. 

"What time will you be back?" Katsumi inquired, adjusting to the light in her room. She watched Bakugo pick up his bag and throw it over his shoulder.

"Not sure, depends on how long these things last. Probably late this afternoon."

Katsumi slid out of bed, stretching her arms over her head as she lazily walked up to Bakugo. She offered him a small smile.

"Good luck today. I know you'll do great."

Bakugo stared at Katsumi for a moment, marveling how adorable the girl in front of him was. He took in a deep breath and patted her head. 

"Yeah, yeah. Of course I'll do great."

Bakugo opened up her door and looked around, glad to see no one else in the common area. He looked back at Katsumi, his lips curving up.

"Thanks. See you later, Katsumi."

Katsumi gave him a small wave as he left her room, closing the door behind him. She let out a sigh, rubbing her tired eyes again before looking at the time. It was only seven in the morning.

She could go back to sleep, if she wanted.

With a frown, Katsumi decided to get dressed. She hadn't lied when she told Bakugo there were things she wanted to do today. There was some training she wanted to complete and tell Aizawa about. 

All the studying she had been doing from the books Midnight had gave her added introspection to Katsumi's quirk and how she could better utilize the aspects of her quirk. 

It also gave her a clue as to how she could combine a couple of the elements to work in her favor. Which is exactly what she wanted to test out today.

After she was dressed and ready, Katsumi went out of her room to the kitchen to grab something to eat. She was finally getting better at eating on her own; enough that even Bakugo had complimented her on it. Katsumi was proud of herself for this accomplishment. It probably would sound small or stupid to others who didn't know her struggle, but Katsumi knew for herself what it meant.