4

me and dream both ended up falling asleep together and waking up that morning in a very awkward position.

our feet were inter crossed together while I was laying on his chest, talk about awkward.

eventually we both woke up and I had to figure out where my wallet and phone was so I could get home.

"dreamy have you seen my phone?" I asked him, he had just got out of the shower and was sitting on the couch scrolling through whatever app he was on.

"mhm, it's in my room on the bed side table with your wallet and jacket" he said looking up at me, god I could never get used to how breathtakingly beautiful he is. 

"okay thanks" I mumbled hurrying to get my phone, no telling how many calls and texts I had.

'fuck' I say to myself, looking at my phone I have countless calls and texts from my brother, wilbur, a couple texts from alex, he was at the party too I think.  and one text from my mom.

oh.

a text from my mom?

I hesitate to open her text. but I do.

"George, how are you my boy? it's been ages since i've spoken to you.  as you may know i'm getting worse and worse everyday. the payments are getting harder and harder to pay. I miss you all so much i'm sorry. I need your help again."

'of course she does' I think to myself.

I don't even bother to check wilburs texts, I know they're all open apologies saying how he was sorry for arguing, which mean absolutely nothing to me.  he's said he's sorry for so many fucking years but never means it.

"George?" I hear dream call me from the door frame

"yea, sorry?" I say shoving my phone into my back pocket and grabbing my wallet and jacket.

"can I maybe have your phone number? last night was so fun and I think you're really cool and I would love to be friends" he says smiling

"dude, of course, lemme have this" I mumble while taking his phone from him. quickly typing in my number and name, sending myself a text to make sure it was the right number.

"thank you" he says taking his phone back

after that we hang out for a couple more hours until I take an uber home.

home. yea home.

fucking home.

i've never considered this place home. it's all filled with my childhood, my adulthood, everything in between. the blood stains. the holes. everything just sucks about this place.

but I always find myself back here at the end of the day.

fuck.