Don't Test The Tired

You had kissed.

When you had landed on your bed you were all hot, pent up frustration but as the night faded into the early morning you couldn't help worry. Severus had been on and off with his interests for weeks. Maybe you had just made a complete fool of yourself by throwing yourself at an older colleague, a mentor for goodness sake.

Then your aggravation set in because uou knew it was useless worrying. It was done now. You also realised just how much of a desire Severus had become, which was wreckless considering his behaviours.

When sleep didn't come you did as you always did; you read. But you knew no book in your room would tell you anything about the chamber of secrets. So, with tired feet, you headed to the library and that's where you trawled for hours, coming up blank at every turn of a page. It only worsened your frustration.

As the dark sky outside changed to a lighter hue, you knew it was time to get back to your quarters. Trudging down into the cold dungeon, you huffed and saw your own breath. With everything witches and wizards can do, can't we put a bloody central heating system in?

As you rounded the corner to the hallway that housed your quarters, you saw a figure at your door and immediately grabbed for your wand, you pressed into the wall to hide better and crept forward, your heart picking up its pace as panic set in. Getting closer to your room you quickly realised it was just Severus and let out a sigh of relief. Apparently, the petrification of Mrs Norris had made you jumpier than usual.

"You know people will gossip seeing you outside my door at this time in the morning, Professor Snape?" you called. You couldn't quite see his face from your distance but once you could you saw he looked concerned.

"What's happened now?" you asked, your worry matching Severus'. Had something happened whilst were you locked away in the restricted section of the library?

His words came out with aggravation but not aggression, "Where have you been? It's 6am!"

You frowned at him, "I was at the library, didn't realise that was a crime now."

Opening the door you entered your room and left it open for Severus to follow. He didn't. You turned around to see him standing awkwardly in the hallway still.

"Don't tell me Lockhart's vampire got you in the night and I have to invite you in now?" Pulling his hand, he finally entered. "There, you see, didn't melt or anything."

Severus scoffed and rolled his eyes at you when you winked at him. "You do realise that's all muggle rubbish?"

The glare on your face told him you did, "Yes, I know but I can't help that I quite enjoyed The Lost Boys."

Severus had no idea what you were talking about so you made a mental note to make him watch it with you one day.

"Did I dream last night?" he asked in sincerity and caution.

"Why would you say that?" you replied confused.

"You just seem awfully terse with me this morning."

Oh. You winced, maybe you had been a bit snappy.

Stepping close to him you rubbed his forearm, "I'm sorry. I've...I've not slept yet." His brow creased and before he could say anything, you continued, "I'm okay, just restless. And anyway, you were quite terse yourself considering you were at my door on a Sunday morning at 6am."

You poked his chest playfully.

"I was concerned...you weren't answering your door. Obviously!" He pulled a face at his own ridiculous statement and you couldn't help but smile. Severus Snape, you sly thing, hiding all this concern and kindness you had inside of you.