Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12

What am I even doing? Didn't he say we were on a break? Then why am I parked outside in front of his apartment?

Kirishima sighed as he stared at the apartment complex in front of him. It's been a week since he's talked or seen his lover and he'd be lying if he said he didn't miss him like crazy. Why and how did he even get into this situation? If only he wasn't a coward and told Shoto what was really going on. 

There's no point in being here if he isn't going to tell Shoto his feelings. But Kirishima just couldn't see himself go back to his big empty house without his lover again, he has to man up. 

Shit.

Before he knew it, Kirishima was at the front door of Izuku and Shoto's apartment room. This was his chance. He hesitantly lifted his hand and knocked twice. 

I can't do this...

Kirishima turned around, ready to bail out and just head home. He'd do this another time. 

"Kirishima..?" a soft voice stopped the redhead in his tracks. He slowly turned around to be met with the mismatched eyes of the beautiful boy he loved. "What're you doing here?" Shoto asked, standing in the doorway. 

"N- nothing...I just came to um. To um ask for one of my sweatshirts back..?" that was a lie but how else was he going to get out of this? Plus, he did miss his favorite sweatshirt, the one with his name styled on it. But the problem was, Shoto was wearing that sweatshirt right now..

"W- which one did you want?"

Kirishima shrugged, " Anyone". Shoto nodded as he opened the door for Kirishima to come inside. "You can come in and sit while I go grab one."

Kirishima walked in and thanked Shoto as he sat on the nearest couch. This wasn't his first time at the friend's house but he never came here often. This apartment looked quite small but the way the boys arranged it made it look like it had more space. 

Once you walked into the apartment, you're met with the living room. It was pretty basic, there was a 4 seating couch against the wall, taking up most space. Right across from it, was a 48-inch flat-screen tv, it was attached to a wall that connected to the kitchen area. There were picture frames of pictures of the two friends. No family except this boy with purple hair who looked exactly like Midoryia. 

The kitchen had the basics, a stove, microwave, and refrigerator. Right beside the kitchen were two rooms, which were most likely Shoto's and Izuku's. 

Shoto had gone to the one on the right to grab a sweatshirt. 

A few moments later, he was coming out with an all yellow sweatshirt with a lighting streak on it. "Here, this was the only one clean right now. " Shoto handed him the sweatshirt. 

"Thanks".

The silence was real, Shoto didn't know if he should try and bring up the break and neither did Kirishima. Shoto slightly shifted over to sit next to Kirishima. What should he say? Is it too early to try and talk to him? 

"Sho? can we talk?" Kirishima was the first to break the silence. Shoto was surprised but nodded. Kirishima shifted so that he was facing Shoto directly, sighing in a bit of relief, he began. 

"Look, I'm so sorry about what happened the other day. Ever since then, I've been regretting every decision that hurt you. I realized that I missed you so much, to the point that it hurt." 

This was no lie. For about a week now, Kirishima has barely been out of his house. It hurt that he made the younger boy cry. The only time he'd go out was for work or whenever Bakugou dragged him out to get out of the house. He couldn't even bare going to sleep in his bed, because he missed the warmth of other boy being beside him. 

"I thought about it a lot, and I think it's time I tell you. I-"

But he was cut off. "Wait Kirishima, I think I might have a clue on what you're going to say..". Kirishima cocked his head to the side in confusion. 

"A-are you scared because you haven't come out yet?" Shoto finally asked. Kirishima was surprised, how did he know? Well anyone probably could've guessed but was he really that obvious? He nodded, "Your right...".

"Is there a reason? Maybe I can help..?" Shoto scooted closer to the other. Kirishima shook his head, "No, there won't be a way you could help. It's my family.... They are very homophobic. They treated my cousin, Tetsu-Tetsu horribly because he came out as gay. His own parents threw him out of the house and burned all of his belongings. They neglected him and threw away all records that he was their son. I have a feeling my parents are the same way..".

Shoto's heart ached, how could someone do that, to their own son though? Just because he had a different taste or a different eye for love? At least be grateful that he found someone he loves. Shoto's sadness slowly turned into anger, but he had to stay calm. Kirishima needed help. 

"S- so your scared of coming out to your family..? That's why you can't go out in public or risk telling your friends?". 

Kirishima nodded, "All of my friends are close to my parents and I don't trust any of them except Bakugou to keep my secret.... I am so sorry snowflake...". Without thinking, Shoto pulled Kirishima into his arms. He didn't know how it felt to be in the boy's position, for he was always accepted but he still wanted Kirishima to know that he was there for him. 

Kirishima was surprised by the action but soon melted into the boy's embrace and warmth. Without realizing it, he was soaking Shoto with his pathetic tears. Dammit, why now?

Shoto hugged the boy tighter, running small circles on his back to calm him down a little, hoping it'd soothe him. "I- I know you don't want me to, but I can help Kiri. I really want to help you. Please let me." Shoto pleaded. He just couldn't sit around and watch his boyfriend in pain, it hurt him too much. 

Kirishima pulled from the embrace and wiped his face. "But when if they hurt you in the process? If anything were to happen to you, I'd never forgive them, let alone let them live...".

Shoto slightly chuckled. "They most likely won't be able to lay a hand on me with my older brother around. Shit, if he found out I was dating you without telling him, he'd flip and probably hurt you..". 

Kirishima gasped, "H- hurt me?". 

"U- uh I'll protect you though!" Shoto smiled. "I won't let him touch you" he reassured. Kirishima could swear Shoto's smiles were contagious. Before he knew it ,he was smiling like crazy. 

"Damn I missed your smile so much.." Kirishima slightly mumbled to himself. 

"So kiri, maybe you should have a talk with your parents ya know? If something bad happens, I'll be here or in the car to confort or help you. I'll have the pollice on speeddial just in case".

"Thanks baby boy, I guess I should talk to them..". "So are we back together now..?" Kirishima hesitated to ask. But before he could register what was going on, two lips were soon on his. 

Shoto wrapped his arms around the Kirishima's neck, pulling him closer if any more possible. The redhead took the hint and pulled Shoto by the waist, deepening the kiss. Neither of them wanted this to end. 

"Did that answer your question?" Shoto asked, still trying to catch his breath. Kirishima nodded before closing the gap in between them once again. 

And with that folks, they continued their make-out sesh on poor Izuku's couch.