Blue

Y/N POV:

The soldiers began leaving the room with hushed murmurs, many shooting glares my way, especially the MP's, however I did get some amused looks and a thumbs up from the scout woman with glasses, as she passed me she said, "I'm looking forward to seeing you in three years time Y/N". How on earth did she read me that easily? She seems cool though, well, better than the Military Pissheads.

I guess its obvious that I'll probably end up joining the scouts.  By that, I mean, the MP's are a no-go, I never want to become one of those selfish bastards with a burning passion. Their job is to protect the monarchy, the monarchy are meant to look over the citizens of the walls, yet at the same time they leave many of us to rot like corpses. Then there is the garrison, but I'm not lazy enough for that, besides, apparently all they do is fuck cannons all day. 

Finally the echos of the last footsteps in the courtroom fades, the only people remaining are myself and three MPs, a girl and two men one clearly far younger than the other. 

The girl yawns, "c'mon kid, lets get you back to your cell, I want to go back to sleep", gosh, she's a prime example of a typical MP, lazy as hell. You can tell she's one of them, a lazy slob like the ones that patrol the underground.

The young man with the raven bowlcut rolls his eyes and the older man pawed at the girls head like a dozy cat swatting at a piece of string. "Oi rookie? you are a soldier, no sleeping until I say so. Extra guard duty tonight for you tonight".

"Owwwww....that hurt" she whines and tries to fix her now tousled short, light hair. 

Bowlcut facepalms, "you really know how to get  yourself into a pickle, don't you Hitch?"

The Hitch girl just crosses her arms and glares at the boy.

They walk towards me and remove my shackles from the pole that stands at the center of the courtroom. As my shackles were freed, the clashing of metal breaks the rooms awkward silence. 

We leave the courtroom and return towards the basement. Finally the girl looks around and lets out a chuckle. "Y/N right? thanks for that we needed some entertainment, I can't believe you spoke to the higher ups like that...t-the look on everyone's faces - " another chuckle escapes her lips. 

The boy smacks her "Hitch she was being disrespectful!". 

Clearly she doesn't seem to care though, "Marlowe you messed up my hairrrrrr!" she hits him back, "you've got to admit it was amusing, I even saw that you were trying to not show amusement." The boys cheeks tinge pink ever so slightly in embarrassment. 

"Those bastards deserved it..." I murmur.

"Hmmmm.....? what was that" the smug MP female rookie asks.

"They deserved it considering how they treat us in the underground".

Nobody replied and we kept on walking.

A soldier with the emblem of two swords across his heart halted in front of us. Marlowe and Hitch salute. "Cadet, I've been told to inform you, later this evening you will be escorted out to the interior of wall Rose for the enrollment ceremony tomorrow morning."

A rush of adrenaline runs through my veins, did he just call me cadet? why does this make me feel so exhilarated? I hide this with a blank face and a simple nod.

We continue past him and descend down to the dungeon. Marlowe and Hitch sill say no more.

Once I'm back in the cell, what feels like hours pass before Marlowe unlocks the cell and leads me back upstairs. We leave Hitch sleeping in the guard chair and walk outside into the abyss of the night. The sky is as dark as the rats underground. Where are the stars