Amber

"104th CADET CORPS, DISMISSSED".

The ordered rows of recruits disband and the uneasy silence is cracked by the shuffling of hundreds of footsteps. Not a word was uttered, yet the crowd was bustling with silent conversations, the warm expressions of friends giving the reassurance through their gazes to eachother, greetings to new comrades, exchanged through looks of gratitude, sympathaty to the Shiganshina victims, and several eyes of daggers that bellow jealousy towards those stronger than them.

As the sun began to set, amber flooded the training estate like a bucket of spilt paint, a breeze trickled through the surrounding trees, causing their leaves to whisper like the souls of the dead. The murmurs from the clumps of recruits who were establishing friendships and rivalries were also carried by the gentle breeze.

Then you had potato girl, plodding until the sky's golden flood had ceased and finally, one solitude girl sat in the middle of it all, cross legged with eyes that shined like diamonds with curiosity, watching the sky's aurora of colour gradually fade into the night.

TALL BOI POV:

"Ugh, you sure about this Reiner? Playing "cadet" with these weaklings just so we can retake the founder...there must be an easier way...can't you see? These devils -"

"It's the only way Annie - besides were already trained soldiers - we're....we're warriors, unlike all these other kids, were sure to make the top 10, then were straight into the MPs, we'll be right below this kings ass in no time".

Reiner has changed so much...

The sound of bones being crushed accompanied by a young boys cry of agony echo through my mind...

That must be why...

Marcel...

Part of your soul seems to have latched onto Reiner...not that its a bad thing...it's kind of creepy, however, I prefer the less timid and more brotherly Reiner...it's comforting...

"Hey Bertholdt? Bertholdt?"

"W-whaaa...? D-did you say something" why does Annie always catch me in deep thought....it's embarrassing...

"Where you even listening? or is that rock you were staring at more interesting than our mission" the blunt words roll off Annie's tongue.

She can be so rude sometimes...bad mood I guess...

"Nah, just tired, that's all, everyone is heading to mess hall, let's head over too, we don't want to stand out too much" I murmur.

"Bertholdt. You are literally the height of a Lamport, you already stand out."

Fuck you Reiner, atleast I don't look like an ox.

We pass a girl on the way over, the one horseguy was taking the piss out of, she was staring at the sky again...the sky is pretty, however something is rather off about her. It's not normal to be this obsessed.

"Should we ask her if she's gonna stop staring at the sunset and come to dinner?" Annie whispers.

Wow...Annie being friendly to a stranger?....quick mood change....must be female hormones....

"Yeah we should, its not nice to leave her -"

"We don't know her, let's just leave it" Reiner cuts me off.

He'd usually say yes...seems like him and Annie have had a personality swap....strange....

Or maybe it's something else...he couldn't keep his eyes off her in the entrance inspection... and I do admit she isn't the worst looking...she's also got alot of guts to stick up to people the way she does...well not be spooked by Shadis atleast...