Reminiscence

Y/N POV:

I've never sat round a table with more than four people before, so far it's been wonderful.

Two more people approached us with their food.

"Were not sitting there, you heard her, she's from the underground...she's one of those rats" the red-haired boy whispered to his comrade.

They walk away.

"Hey?!" I shoot up, my face painted with anger. Damn it Y/N get yourself some self control...no...not this time...I need these people to understand that they won't get away with treating me like trash..."hey you, gingeraffe" I spit.

Perfect, That seemed to grab his attention. "Do I seriously look like a screeching ball of matted fur to you?!"

The red-head turns.

"Yes you do, underground-rat" he repeats, "oh by the way, my name is Floch, not Gingeraffe, you vermin" Floch violently spits.

Krista grabs the sleeve of my dress "Y/N leave it...he's not worth your time"

Several people snicker again as he turns away and I sit back down...both of out cheeks tinged red with humiliation.

I stare into my stew and swirl it with the wooden spoon...who knew that being insulted could suppress ones appetite so easily...

"You are nothing like a rat to me Y/N, I think you are very pretty...so he clearly has aweful taste" Krista's silk-soft voice remarks.

Nobody has ever called me pretty before....

"Krista why do you have to be so nice, she needs self-discipline" Yimir rests herelbow on the table and plops her head into the palm of her hand. She's is such a pessimist.

"Nah, her comments are hilarious, were gonna need entertainment round here, Y/N is your name, right?, The names' Connie" a on outstretched hand appears infront of my bowl. I look up to see the guy, he's that who Shadis swung about by the head earlier.

I grasp his hand firmly in acceptance. "Yep, it's Y/N, nice to meet you"

He gives the most adorable grin in return. He's... happy to meet me...?

Connie nudges the freckled boy beside him who ends up accidentally spilling some stew into his water. "Oops, sorry Marco".

The guy looks into his water and frowns, moving it to the side. He then smiles to our dismay, "it's ok, it's my fault for leaving the mug below my spoon" he seems like the modest sort of guy - but, isn't he one of the cadets that dream of joining the MPs?...ew...what a waste...

Marco also offers me his hand, "nice to meet you Y/N, I'm looking forward to getting to know you" his gentle smile complimented his sprinkle of freckles perfectly.

He's kind of cute...

The sixth person was a dark haired girl who was avoiding eye contact. She takes a sip from her drink and glances my way. "M-mina..." Why does she seem so frightened...is it me...?

I reach across the table towards her, accidentally knocking Ymir in the process, who scoffs. Mina hesitates, eventually accepting my greeting, taken aback by the act of kindness.

I let out an amaible laugh, "don't worry, I know that I'm from the worst place that exists inside these walls, however, that doesn't make me an embodiment of the hell I came from".

"So you weren't joking, you are from the underground" Connie blurts.

"Connie that's none of your business". This time it's Marco that jabs him in the side.