𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊 -

gif

quote

===+==+==+===

"What the hell am I supposed to say? Oh, hey Happy. How do I know your name? Oh it's just because I can see ghosts, and your boss wants to get in the Avengers tower!" Julia whisper-shouted to Tony when walking down the street.

"Well- you can't just revive us in front of him!" he huffed, "You'll give him a heart attack!"

"Hate to say it, but Tony's right." Nat cut in, "Plus, the security isn't too great on the ground floors."

"You should have brought the kid." Nebula scoffed, "Would have been easier if you had a superhero escort you into the tower."

"I don't think Peter's even cleared to go in the tower." Stark deadpanned, "I never actually introduced Pepper to him properly."

Julia sweatdropped, "-You're kidding."

Steve shook his head, "Now that I'm thinking about it, no, I don't think even I was introduced to him."

"Cap, he stole your shield." Tony flatlined, "I never introduced you two because I was afraid you'd give him a heart attack."

"Oh."

Peggy sighed, "That reminds me, Stark." she started, "That boy can't be much older than seventeen. Did you seriously bring a child onto the battlefield?"

Cap's eyes widened in realization, "Wait- you're telling me I fought a kid? Tony, I threw a car at him!"

"Wait, you did what?" Tony gaped, "Ok, yeah. He's not going back out for a while."

"Tony." Julia defended, "He literally saved the Earth from a guy you fired from your own staff. By himself. I think that it's safe to say he can handle it."

There was silence for a second. "I believe that is what this generation calls a roast." Vision piped.

Suddenly, Julia and Gwen couldn't take the tension, and burst into laughter. "N-Nice one, Vision!" Gwen giggled out.

He let out a proud smile, and Tony looked at them with wary glances. "Kids these days."

All too suddenly, they found themselves staring at the building known as the Avengers Tower.

Julia felt sick, "Oh god."

Gwen winced, "-please don't puke, Ju. Please."

"I'll try." Julia bit out, taking a few breaths. Whenever she was nervous, (or in this case: nervous, anxious, terrified, regretful, added with a sliver of determination), she had a panic attack. And she was having a small panic attack.

Hyperventilating just a little, she felt like she needed to sit down. Or maybe do this later. Now that she thought about it, she shouldn't have done this with a concussion.

"Hey," she heard from beside her, but it felt like she was underwater, everything was so far away. "Julia, you're okay. Just breathe, okay?"

Suddenly she felt like she was crashing through to the surface, and the sounds of New York flooded her ears. She took a deep breath, before saying, "I'm ready."

Gwen grimaced when Julia stumbled forward. "Okay."

Slowly, they made their way across the street. The Avengers didn't really need to look both ways, considering that they could walk through traffic, but they did just for courtesy's sake.

Julia felt as if her legs were made of jello. Everytime she took a step towards the entrance of the biggest tower she'd ever seen, her nerves skyrocketed.