𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 -

gif

quote

===+==+==+===

Julia found herself in the common room of the Avengers tower.

Today could not be any crazier, honestly. First she woke up in a hospital, escaped said hospital (with Spider-man, no less), took some avengers into the Avengers Tower. Revived said Avengers- but not before being shot at by different avengers- found out she was being hunted, then she did that weird glowy-thing thing again.

Now she was explaining her entire life story to people who she just learned the names of.

What a great Saturday.

"So." she trailed off, "Where should I start?"

"How about that- whatever you did back there." Carol Danvers, or Captain Marvel, as she'd learned, asked.

"Ok." Julia started. "The first time I revived Gwen, that happened." she thought back, "I was struggling for breath, apparently. I don't remember it much."

Gwen sighed, "I didn't know what was going on." she continued, "Her mouth was open, but it was like she couldn't breathe." She sighed, "I'd seen something like that happening on TV once, so I did what they'd done. I stabbed her in the lung." she mumbled, "-But before I could put the straw in to regulate it, her lung was healed, and Julia was looking up at me. She'd had no memory of what had just happened."

Julia looked up. "It happened almost every time that I revived someone."

"You'd done it before?" she heard, looking up to see Scott Lang. She nodded.

"There was a little boy." she alliterated, "He couldn't have been older than six." she sighed, "He was looking at his parents, as they put up missing posters all over the street poles. I was confused at first." she recalled, "I was wondering if it was his brother or something, so I looked at the poster."

A tear fell down her cheek- "They were putting up posters of that little boy." she sniffled, leaning towards Gwen, who gave her a hug. "I asked the parents about him, they told me he'd been missing for a week."

Gwen grabbed her arm tighter. Julia nodded in thanks.

"His name was Conner Quentin." she continued, "After I told his parents I'd be keeping an eye out, they thanked me and left. I walked over to the boy and asked him if he was the boy on the poster." her voice cracked, "And he nodded. He said he'd been trying to ask his parents what was going on but they were ignoring him."

"I asked what happened," she sobbed, "And he told me that he was out playing with his friends, and he went too far ahead. He couldn't find them, and he didn't know where he was. He wandered around for a bit." she blubbered, "And he said he'd fallen down a really tall hill."

Suddenly she was wrapped entirely in Gwen's arms and she slowly pet her hair. Gwen looked up and continued for her.

"He'd said he woke up in his bed, and his parents were panicking. He asked what was wrong, but they never answered. He'd been following them around ever since." she consoled.

There was silence, the only sound coming from Julia's sniffles. Gwen smiled softly at her before looking up again. "Julia took the boy home and told him that his parents just couldn't see him because he was wearing an invisibility cloak." she lamented, "So she told him to follow her to her house and she'd take the cloak off. Once she was there, she revived him, telling him he could go see his parents in the morning. She gave him some dinner and a place to sleep."

Clint smiled at her from across the room. "You did the right thing for that family."

Tony nodded, "Giving him a second chance at life was the best thing you could have done."