𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊 -

gif

lyric

===+==+==+===

"Sources state that Captain America, beloved Avenger and veteran hero, passes away under undisclosed circumstances."

Gwen and Julia stared at the TV blankly as they heard fireworks go off outside as tribute. Flags were brought out and waved passed windows, the national anthem blared deafeningly outside.

And they mourned, along with everyone else on Earth.

Another legend had fallen.

===+==+==+===

It wasn't every day that you saw the Avengers walking down the street.

So when Julia had caught Tony Stark, Black Widow, Captain America & a few other famously dead Avengers walking down a street in downtown Queens, she'd paused.

It hadn't even been two months since Captain America's death, and everyone had finally stopped mourning the hero, and Julia was shell-shocked to see him so soon, as she'd never seen anyone as popular as them walking down the road.

It would have been a better circumstance if the streets had been full of people, maybe even a couple of passersby, but Julia was too star-struck to care.

She watched as Captain America proudly smiled as if he'd won the lottery, holding a woman with brunette locks close to him. Julia squinted in confusion- was that Peggy Carter?

Her smile increased- this was quite possibly the best moment of her life.

She watched the Avengers interact like regular people. A guy with silver hair sped around them in an excited manner, talking to the Black Widow animatedly. Tony Stark was chatting casually with a robot-guy. Two multicolored girls trailed behind them, cracking jokes about something or another. Captain America and Peggy Carter took the lead, chatting on endlessly.

Too late did she realize that one of the Avengers had caught her staring, and she soon saw the eyes of Captain America.

Suddenly her joy had turned into fear as she spun on her heel and practically ran the other way.

"Wait, hold on!" she heard someone shout, and suddenly her fight or flight instinct kicked in as she full-on sprinted the other direction.

All she could hear was the blood pounding in her ears and the sound of someone gaining on her. In a split seconds' decision she booked it into an alley.

Yeah, it was a stupid decision on her part, but luckily there was a dumpster she could hide behind.

Maybe they'd forget about her?

Actually- now that she thought about it- that wasn't a very likely outcome. She cursed herself for being so stupid.

"Hey- wait, kid-" she heard, this time it was a woman's voice, "Can you see us?"

"No." she shouted, "Please go away."

Obviously that didn't work out very well- for she'd heard slow footsteps appear where she'd been hiding.

Julia thought to herself 'fuck it' as she got up and promptly speed-walked past the unknown woman and the Avengers that had followed her to the alley-way.

Clenching her teeth together she attempted to walk away.

"Wait no- please." she heard, and her step faltered. "Can you actually see us?"

Suddenly her brain flooded with images of SHIELD- memories flashing by in an instant. Her five year-old self stood in front of a large black van as a man with short brown hair led her to safety with a smile. Then there was Gwen, crying after she'd been recognized by a living person for the first time.